Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Salary Survey #2

Instead of telling the Newbie's they should take what they can get, we should be telling them to demand a decent wage for their profession from there new employers. or else turn the job down. This way all us twenty year vets wouldn't still be working for minimum wage. Were in harsh conditions, doing a dangerous job and away from home. They should be demanding 12K per month, 8 months working and 4 months home per year. minimum, irregardless of incentives.

I agree, it's time the industry started hiking up our pay.

Too bad you usually have to leave a company for a better deal elsewhere before an employer will get the hint that you can and should be making more money.

I have friends that I grew up with, who make more money than me as oilfield plant and battery operators, and they didn't even finish highscool, plus they work way way less hours and are home every night.

Okay... The mad ranting is over.

:shock:

Hmmmm, Let me see?

Oh yeah I know! The Ideal Job Add:

WANTED: VFR BH06 PILOT. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 500 HOURS. PAY WILL BE MINIMUM OF $10,000 CAD PER MONTH (WE WILL PAY YOUR TAX). MUST BE WILLING TO FLY DURING THE DAY ONLY WITH NO CHANCE OF NIGHT STANDBY OR CALL OUT. MUST BE WILLING TO STAY HOME EVERY NIGHT.

THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH HEAVY EXPERIENCE, OFFSHORE EXPERIENCE, IFR RATING, COMMON SENSE ETC. NEED NOT APPLY. WE ONLY WANT THE BEST. IFR HOMOS NEED NOT APPLY.

:o

Baboy.

:punk:

:shock:

Hmmmm, Let me see?

Oh yeah I know! The Ideal Job Add:

WANTED: VFR BH06 PILOT. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 500 HOURS. PAY WILL BE      MINIMUM OF $10,000 CAD PER MONTH (WE WILL PAY YOUR TAX). MUST BE WILLING TO FLY DURING THE DAY ONLY WITH NO CHANCE OF NIGHT STANDBY OR CALL OUT. MUST BE WILLING TO STAY HOME EVERY NIGHT.

THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH HEAVY EXPERIENCE, OFFSHORE EXPERIENCE, IFR RATING, COMMON SENSE ETC. NEED NOT APPLY. WE ONLY WANT THE BEST. IFR HOMOS NEED NOT APPLY.

:o

Baboy.

:punk:

Good one. IFR Homos and dont forget logging weenies. Har Har.

I have been told about this school is good and the guy is really nice, could you let me know how for off its or is it just about right? and could you put in the hours that would go with the years?

Initially the helicopter pilot will make $30,000.00 - $40,000.00/year. As the pilot's experience increases their salary will increase as their skills permit them to do more jobs for the company that they works with. Below is an approximation of the salary increase for experience. Most companies will base their salaries on the amount of flight time that a pilot has, however the following will give you and idea. Flight Experience: 3-5 years: approximately $50,000.00/year. 5-7 years: approximately $50-65,000.00/year 7-10 years: approximately $65-75,000.00/year 10+ years: approximately $75,000.00/year. The above will depend on the company, full time, part time and the type of work that you are doing. If you specialize and are flying the larger helicopter your salary can exceed $100,000.00/year. If you start as a pilot/operator in the oilfield then your starting salary will be higher than that of the pilot above. Your schedule will also be more fixed and you will be working in remote areas and travelling back and forth from the work site to home at the end of your week or 2 week long shift.

Someone asked me why would you think of get into helicopters all I could think of is ........ be able to play all day long, see new places...( not at 30 000ft ) something to just pay the bills and keep me out of the house or office, he laughed asked if I hate my wife???

I have been told about this school is good and the guy is really nice, could you let me know how for off its or is it just about right? and could you put in the hours that would go with the years?

Someone asked me why would you think of get into helicopters all I could think of is ........ be able to play all day long, see new places...( not at 30 000ft ) something to just pay the bills and keep me out of the house or office, he laughed asked if I hate my wife???

Well, do you ? :D

no she is great, she gives me sh@t if I don't go flying on nice days, or even crappy days, she never complains when the visa has $300-$400 in fuel from the local airport! she wants to leave what we are doing now and wants me to build as many hours as I can so when we do go maybe someone will pay me more than peanuts to fly for them. Im fixed wing now with 430 hours and thinking of selling my c172 for my helicopter license??? she only has said where ever we go the house can't have buggs in it other than that she will move anywhere in western canada. she's a 10

no she is great, she gives me sh@t if I don't go flying on nice days, or even crappy days, she never complains when the visa has $300-$400 in fuel from the local airport! she wants to leave what we are doing now and wants me to build as many hours as I can so when we do go maybe someone will pay me more than peanuts to fly for them. Im fixed wing now with 430 hours and thinking of selling my c172 for my helicopter license??? she only has said where ever we go the house can't have buggs in it other than that she will move anywhere in western canada. she's a 10

Free advice. And worth every penny.

If you decide to pursue a career in Helicopter Aviation make absolutly sure your wife understands that she is going to be lliving half her life without you. For between two and six weeks at a time you will be somewhere else. If she is a very self sufficient person it will probably be OK. If she depends on you for alot of things...............

My wife knew what I was when we got married. And she still has a hard time with it sometimes..

The salaries look pretty close.