Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2023 contracts are happening early now.

Current job placement  is definitely in the pilots favour these days. At least five of my friends have solid offers or signed contracts over the last month, my self as well. The majority of the rates are up as well! There are less commercial Helicopter pilots around now, and you are in demand. If you are signing a new contract you should up your rate.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 9:03 AM, John Deer said:

Current job placement  is definitely in the pilots favour these days. At least five of my friends have solid offers or signed contracts over the last month, my self as well. The majority of the rates are up as well! There are less commercial Helicopter pilots around now, and you are in demand. If you are signing a new contract you should up your rate.

Give it a minute,

3 hours ago, robottxt said:

In 2003 a medium drive was getting $1000/day for 100day contract straight up.   20 years later you should be getting at least $1050 per day.   

Haha, $1000 a day plus 20 years of 2% inflation, You would probably be asking for what this union is asking for https://nationalpost.com/opinion/michael-higgins-clueless-union-demands-47-raise-from-clueless-liberals/wcm/250a03f6-ac9e-4887-9386-d9df608a16c9/amp/   Have the rates changed much in the last 20 years or is it still a race to the bottom?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robottxt said:

Is $140,000 for a summer season unreasonable in 2023 for an experienced pilot?

IMHO I believe the real questions are.

1) Can you survive comfortably on $140 until next season and take a nice holiday.

2) The second question is how much should be guaranteed to an experienced pilot should we see another year like 2020.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robottxt said:

Is $140,000 for a summer season unreasonable in 2023 for an experienced pilot?

I don’t think $140k is unreasonable. Most pilots I know ( less than 10) are making between $120k -$160k. Some on equal rotations and some 5-7 months and not much of a schedule. If you break it down none of them are getting $1400 a day. Probably somewhere between $700 - $1000. Most of them have between 3000 and 6000 hours and none of them are CP or Ops managers. 

• Like 2