Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2023 contracts are happening early now.

Would love to know where some of you are making that kind of money. Creeping up on 6000hrs, over 30% of that on mediums, 2k on the line and work my *** off. Lots of international work. Never broke 120K yet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

The funny thing is that 170-190 should be the going rate for moving drills and skiing if not all skilled experienced pilots! Why do those bus drivers at aircanada and westjet make 200k+  as experienced captains yet we have fight tooth and nail for what we deserve? Our job is more dangerous, requires a higher skill level and we have to deal with customers, load and unload their gear and deal with their crazy comments at times! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Lightweights.....I work 1 week on / 3 weeks off and make 200K/month....plus fresh prostitutes delivered daily whenever I want. I also get someone to prepare my twice daily bubble baths during the work day in-between flights.

You all need to learn to negotiate harder.

I also refuse to fly a machine without air conditioning or without a continuous looping track of "Fortunate Son" blaring through the audio system on demand.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, JRK38 said:

The funny thing is that 170-190 should be the going rate for moving drills and skiing if not all skilled experienced pilots! Why do those bus drivers at aircanada and westjet make 200k+  as experienced captains yet we have fight tooth and nail for what we deserve? Our job is more dangerous, requires a higher skill level and we have to deal with customers, load and unload their gear and deal with their crazy comments at times! 

I was saying this exact same thing 20 years ago, using those same numbers. 

• Like 1

There's never been a better time to ask for the conditions you believe you deserve.

The industry is hurting for guys with time and experience.

If we all stopped accepting poor pay/schedules/etc, there would be a shift.

The company I work for recently put most guys on straight salary (with a considerable bump over the old system that hinged on flight pay).

It's a refreshing change, and shows this company is looking to the future. We already had a good schedule, now the pay is closer to where it needs to be. And believe it or not, we're fully crewed for the year.

• Like 5