Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contrail Requirements Keep Canadians On E.i

Verm

I G.O.M.A everyday and manage a crew of about 20 or so construction guys, 5 separate crews. A really great bunch of guys and almost no ego, it's so refreshing.

I have applied to a few companies out there but they are not willing to provide anything that has any attractive benifits what so ever. Who are these companies I am dying to know. Best offer this year was 150 a day and 40/hr and only seasonal, with of course no guarantees.

Anyhow, open to any legitimate offers written in clear to understand english less the shotgun clause

Kinda off the subject but today I just became the proud new owner of 2005 F350 diesel, amazing vehicle, get to drve it to work every day.. must be mid life crisis..

Never cpould afford such a vehicle with the uncertainty of the employment factor in the RR industry.

Yipee!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a challenge for any scribe or editor out there who wants to research and write an article or column that would be well read by all:

Find out the numbers of F/W and R/W students who have graduated in the last 5 years. Then find out the numbers of positions that were available in the industry over that same period of time. Then take a long hard look at the difference in those numbers and see if you can judge at whose feet the problem should be placed. To finish off the article, do numerous interviews with the folks that have given up looking for employment after 2-3 years of NOTHING......and were forced to move-on with their lives. Aviation keeps stats on a myraid of things, BUT it doesn't keep stats on THOSE numbers.

If you produce more auto mechanics than the automobile repair industry can absorb, then you better slow down the graduations or there's soon going to be a lot of graduating students who can't find positions in what they trained for. If the training institutions and schools ignore that fact and keep shoving them down "the chute" because they are making money doing so, then you create a "log-jam" at the bottom and many mechanics have to take up another trade or profession because at some point they have to eat and pay bills. Don't then turn around and blame the auto repair industry because they aren't absorbing them fast enough.

Find out the numbers of F/W and R/W students who have graduated in the last 5 years. Then find out the numbers of positions that were available in the industry over that same period of time. Then take a long hard look at the difference in those numbers and see if you can judge at whose feet the problem should be placed. To finish off the article, do numerous interviews with the folks that have given up looking for employment after 2-3 years of NOTHING......and were forced to move-on with their lives. Aviation keeps stats on a myraid of things, BUT it doesn't keep stats on THOSE numbers.

Perfect job for Justfly. He's a purrrrrrrrdy good fact finder in his spare time. Ha!

Perfect job for Justfly. He's a purrrrrrrrdy good fact finder in his spare time. Ha!

In my spare time? :huh: ha, ha, ha :D Cap said it would be well read. That would require it to be well written. You wanna be my editor in your spare time? :P

I think we know what the results of the research would be. I don't know if anyone wants that much illumination on the illusion?! :blink:

Someone posted some stats from TC here a few months ago. If memory serves, in 2003 or 2004, TC issued 250 new Commercial Helicopter pilot licenses. If this is a constant trend, that would be about 1250 new licenses in the past five years.

When you figure that number is roughly equivalent to the sum total of all commercially registered helicopters in Canada, then you get the picture... :down:

Okay…

so, all the flight schools in Canada have to close their doors immediately, dismiss their current students and refund their deposits, if any, sell their machines and lay off any instructors. Remain this way for the next five years until 1250 old timers retire and the new guys can get hired.

Sounds like a **** of a plan. :up:

RH1

Well sir, perhpas you will remember that I said "F/W and R/W". Add up all the F/W and R/W schools in Canada and then see if you or anyone else thinks that those number of "seats" will become available over the next two years. You've taken an "extreme" position on my post and did not understand the "spirit" of it. I see no reason whatsoever for ALL schools to close their doors Canadawide. People are needed and always will be, BUT not at the numbers that both F/W and R/W are sending "down the chute". If there are 50-70 new postions available each year, then why produce 200 graduates? Why the total "disconnect" with the industry that they are attempting to serve?

When in doubt about why something is or isn't.......follow the M-O-N-E-Y.

Albert Ross -----"Yes" please do so, but no talk about FREE bottles of Single malt Scotch coming your way. That's called "hitting below the belt" you 'ol scuzz-bucket. :lol:;)