Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dropped Buckets

Have never dropped one myself, but watched one land in the flames this summer. It was a direct hit and it would have been a lot less entertaining if the plug at the end of the long line was plugged into the bucket rather than the single point.

My question is, how many guys attach their bucket to their single point rather than taking it off and changing it over on a clevis? I understand it's a pain in the ***, but I know what my choice is. B)

May the first pilot who has never or will never drop anything cast the first stone, the rest of us mortals...learn from this one, it's BCFS, so take the LONG and safe way out of town, we're all paid BY THE HOUR !.

Oh and by the way, it wasn't a RED aircraft, this one was actually Green and white, and it's already been posted HERE

May the first pilot who has never or will never drop anything cast the first stone, the rest of us mortals...learn from this one, it's BCFS, so take the LONG and safe way out of town, we're all paid BY THE HOUR !.

I agree with you there. Just a side note though. During the big fire at Salmon Arm in 98, Transport Canada allowed us to fly over the evacuated part of town - technically still a built up area.

Still waiting to hear how it came off and how it was recovered. I would like to know if there really was a landing in a schoolyard and if the aircraft really was left unattended whilst the bucket was recovered. I only hear stories and rumours!

So, come on, who has, fess up you cowards :P

Well I have!!!!!

The cheif pilot called me at home that night, chuckling at my incident report which I had submitted after my SHORT day.

.Description of Event:

Brand new shiny perfectly functioning Bambi Bucket beat to ratshit after impacting the earth at great rate of knots.

Reason:

pilot is a idiot :punk:

:(:(

Oh and by the way, it wasn't a RED aircraft, this one was actually Green and white, and it's already been posted HERE

Well 407 Driver you are right. I have dropped a bucket and I was lucky I could retrieve it before the fire got to it. When you look in the mirror and see it leave the helicopter with a full load of water all you can think of is oh sh_t. Take care buddy. :(