Bell 210 Not Approved For External Load

rotormatic ------the "conversion" is NOT the 210. The difference being that the 210 has a "0 Timed" A/F, completely new wiring and avionics suite plus will have a warranty from Bell. The "conversion" has everything EXCEPT the forementioned. The 205A-1 ++ IS NOT the same "conversion".....that's a plain old 205 with a -17B engine and ditto for the 205+ which is the same a/c with a -17A engine installed.

MoT is well aware of the existance of both a/c in Canada and did the required inspections in the Lower Mainland. They also know of their slinging and certified them as legal to do so.

• 5 months later...
Just in time for HAI...

The 210 TC has been revised to include external load operations...

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...6;FILE/H1sw.pdf

I think I'll just take one of those 212 singles! And when they add the next level of performance increases, then they will be even further ahead of the crowd.

The 210 delivery dates aren't looking too good, and still sliding some more. A few of the operators that had ordered them are feeling pretty sick as the season approaches and deliveries are being talked about after the end of fire season!

Was just at the hai...heard that 3 customers that had ordered the 210 cancelled and got in line for the eagle single...was also told that the 210 does not even come with the hook installed or any rear seats or duels for 3.1 mill...also add cash for a paint job unless you like primer....buddy I was with signed up for 4th place in line for the eagle machine....dynacorps 212 with single pratt has a new engine cowl that looks like the old twinpac cowl...sweet looking a/c...running 1800 ponies :shock: :up:

anybody got hard numbers on empty weights on the 210 vs. the Eagle 212-to-single-engine mod? and how to those numbers compare with standard 205's and 212's?

being as the gross weights aren't going up....hope the old wire harness's and 'black-boxes' that are removed can help compensate for the new nose and

possible airframe beef-ups that I'm sure will be added around the pylon and main beams.

Also, WTF is the max passenger limit of 9 for the 210 all about? are they putting the larger ferry-tanks in the back as permanent equipment now?.....or just trying to limit liability exposure?

arctic_front ----------- NINE passengers is the "magic" number that requires a check-out on the new aircraft. Carry only that number and one can jump from a 205 right into the 205-17B or the 210 and remain legal. Exceed that number and you are illlegal without a formal check-out.

arctic_front ----------- NINE passengers is the "magic" number that requires a check-out on the new aircraft. Carry only that number and one can jump from a 205 right into the 205-17B or the 210 and remain legal. Exceed that number and you are illlegal without a formal check-out.

Seems like a reasonable excuse, but are all the seats still installed? And, doesn't everybody need a check-out once a year anyway? And, if the 210 is on the same original type certificate, why would it be different than a 205B or even a

205A-1++?

thanks for your input

Arctic_Front --------disregard my previous post because it's WRONG. The NINE passenger limitation that I was referring to was the max passengers that can be carried WITHOUT a check-out on "type". Therefore, even though I've flown other UH models, IF my check-out "on type" has lapsed, I can still operate the type as long as I carry only NINE passengers. It's just one of those oft forgotten, sometimes not known

and little used parts of regulations. I trust I haven't confused you once more. Apologies on that buddy. :D

The yearly check-outs you refer to and the check-outs "on type" satisfy two different requirements. They can be "tied-together" to satisfy the requirements, but are still separate in reality.

The 9 seat limitation may be connected to the majority of US operators that can only carry 9 folks due to the limitations of their part 135 certificates.

To carry 10 or more passengers requires the operator to put in place a maintenace program for these aircraft, which costs time and money.

The 205's/212's address this by the operator installing an STC to limit the passenger seats to 9 places.

Also, Bell may have wanted to limit the passengers to 9 for speedy certification of the 210...