The Worlds Oldest Helicopter Pilot?

Vortex ------Al goes back a way for sure, but I believe you'll find it was someone else who did that 205 "thing" you speak of and you'll probably find the name "Bulloch Helicopters" in their background. You'll also find that CF-RSR was the registration of that 205.

Not to pick nits but CF-RSR was a 204. Like Northern Wings CF-AHA

Vortex ------Al goes back a way for sure, but I believe you'll find it was someone else who did that 205 "thing" you speak of and you'll probably find the name "Bulloch Helicopters" in their background. You'll also find that CF-RSR was the registration of that 205.

I could be wrong about that, I heard that from Al's son Stacey quite a few years ago. I believe the 205 was CF-KNQ and was Klondike or Kenting's.

Vortex ----- I stand corrected on RSR as mentined here already and my only excuse is that it was a long time ago. I am only guessing NOW, but I believe that registration you mentioned was CF-KHQ and "Yes' she did belong to Klondike. She later ended up in Eagle's stable and then years later met here "Waterloo" in China and that's where she rests to this day I believe. She was working for VIH at the time, if memory serves me correctly. She was another one I flew two years with AB Helitac outta Ft. McKay amongst other locales.

AHA and I go back a loonnnggggg way and I flew her with a host of companies. First time was with Les Ailes Du Nord , a whole bunch of companies in between and finally as you stated, with Frontier. To this day, I always felt and still would feel that I was "borrowing" her from Harvey Easton for a little while. When she finally "dies', I have no doubt at all that she'll end up at "the big hangar in the sky" and the big guy with hands like frying pans and the deep "har, har, har" will once again be flying her......I'd like to think so anyway because they were inseparable for many, many a year......you saw or heard one, then you knew the other was nearby. :D

Oddly enough, the last time I flew AHA was on fires around Harrison Lake and Forestry set us down for a couple of hours and I landed next to another 205 on an alpine meadow nearby. Those two hours were spent with just Al Ascah and myself amongst a bunch of quiet and fantastic scenery just "shooting the breeze". One of those days when "all's right with the world", the a/c is "purring like a kitten" you got a "real pro" and old buddy to work a fire with and you wouldn't consider doing anything else for a living. We all have those moments on occasion and that was one of mine.

Blackmac ---"bang on" again bud and can you arrange to have us "time travel back" a day or two just for the fun of it?. I think my liver could handle that. :lol: Just make sure that Nuttall doesn't make that trip with us or we're both in trouble big time. :lol:

Cap : You are close on the first 205 . What I remenber ,Al did fly KHQ s/n 30030 home from the factory with RR amd JL. It sat in the hanger until it was added to the ops cert and the 205A1 TC (due to -13 eng ?)was accepted. The first 205A -11 eng went to DP if I remember correct. The reg I can't recall ? It later rolled down the hill on it's own ( No pilot onboard) Was repaired as C-GWNC with Klondike and later was destroyed. KHQ is back from China and being convered to one super special 205. On the 204B front I thought BWR was the first in Canada? Anybody know for sure? Maybe porky would know? Back to the oldest pilot question As far as first few jetrangers ,Don wetherford Flew KHP s/n 38 in 1969 for Klondike new from the factory direct to a fire in the yukon. I think he would be one of the few still currently flying as a line pilot. Some of the klondike stuff I can remember if any interest.