Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heliskiing

skidsup

Skids Up...the coaching staff for the Cdn Womens' Alpine Team were sussing out potential training camp sites.

407D - yup...it was almost like teasing a small child with candy!

NG limited...basket purchased from AERO Designs Ltd. of Calgary. It's all STC'd & everything so you know it probably ain't cheap. Very nice basket tho'...

fresh tracks...

post-287-1157254470_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Tasman will be running 4 407's on skiing, 2 north of Terrace ( I assume Bell II?). 2 212's on fire in AU and 2 skiing.

Also heard Prism is looking at something with their 2 B2's up near bella coola

I heard Wildcts 212's were headed to AU for fire?

I also am looking for ski work for the winter(or lunch flying for a certain compnay if I could only get past the woman who answers the phone :huh: ). Lots of 350 time, coast, winter snow, glacier, and mtn time above 8000K. PMs appreciated with rumors or tips. Good tips yield lots of beer

JFK

Call Alpine. they need a lunch delivery boy. I did not have enough experienc.

Call Alpine. they need a lunch delivery boy. I did not have enough experienc.

Yes, the last that I heard ( Friday) was that there was still 1 or 2 seats available for a 206BIII / 206L3 pilot on support. It's 14 / 14 in a CMH Lodge.

They typically choose pilots around 1500 to 2000 hrs, but have hired the odd guy down near 1000, if he has good mountain and winter experience.

Jim and Wayne are out of the office all of this week.

Hanging Out....??????????????

There's only one person I know that has the picture you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!Trying to fool us are you? And what does that stupid looking helicopter have to do with heliskiing?

Nice comment about The Big Giant Head though. HAHA

VX

:up: Thought you might like that one.

The stupid looking helicopter has nothing to do with it, just allowed me to take a shot at super pilot there. :)

Was time to retire the old name, needed something that resembles my everyday activities a little more. Are you ready for some Swamp Dust? One day to go so you better have a good meal before you come.

Yes, the last that I heard ( Friday) was that there was still 1 or 2 seats available for a 206BIII / 206L3 pilot on support. It's 14 / 14 in a CMH Lodge.

They typically choose pilots around 1500 to 2000 hrs, but have hired the odd guy down near 1000, if he has good mountain and winter experience.

Jim and Wayne are out of the office all of this week.

Boy I might have to call the brothers to see if they want some old guy to fly for them. HEHEHEHEEH I don't think so. I talked to Jim just before he headed down south, and he didn't say much about seats left, all he wanted to know is if I might want to have lunch with him when he gets back. Last year flying in Stewart and Last Fontier was fun but still doesn't make me jump up and down with joy about heli-skiing. I think I will let the younger kids have all the fun and I will just go to New Zealand and drink beer with my son-in-law and hold my grand baby and be happy that I am not cold. You all have a great season and fly safe. I want to talk to some of you not read about you.

Cheers Ken W. :punk: post-33-1158973231_thumb.jpeg