Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpine Helicopters

messi

If you are looking to get on in Canmore come out in about Dec and start showing your face, then come back every month and I bet by may you will have a job. As for hiring people that speak other languages, that is not true all of them speak only english, or atleast some form of it. They seem to do about two years on the ground on an average and if your lucky only one, and some have been that lucky. The job is mainly loading and fueling helicopters, doing some odd jobs around the base and driving people to and from Banff. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Expect at least a year, and as much as 5 on the ramp before getting to the flight line.

What a joke that would be, 5 years on the ramp, could you imagine. I would tell any company that expected me to spend 5 years on the ground to kiss my a**. 5 years is way beyond getting to know your personality, its using you for cheap labor.

It's not a joke Jesse, and they're not seeking cheap labor. They are merely looking for summer crew to load and unload Helicopters. 100 hr types do apply, and for those people, it could be a way into a flight seat.

Never is that promised or Implied.

If you have a better way to get from 100 to 1000, then do it!

If these crew choose to play the odds and spend 3-5 summers on the ground, well, that's their choice. It's not about "checking out" your personality either, it's about waiting for a seat to empty.

Unlike my past employer, the turnover at Alpine is very very low.