Sign in to follow this  
messi

Alpine Helicopters

how much is alpine paying to the groundcrew in canmore??

and keep they some guys for the winterseason?

Between 10 - 13 bucks an hour...experience and training dependant. They usually keep around 1 or 2 groundcrew over the winter...but its pretty slow there then...all of the machines, engineers, and pilots are off doing the heli-skiing thing and not a whole lot in the way of tours either.

I can can think of worse places to be tho

$10-13 an hour in Canmore can be done. I tuned skis while living in Banff for $9 an hour. It's not easy, but you can do it. And before the chorus pipes up, it wasn't in 1970, it was four years ago.

Of course, you won't have a car, you won't be able to afford beer, and you'll eat a lot of KD and Ramen.

It can be done....everyone there is do'n it. Some get a second job at a resturant or driv'n a van...but it can be done.

And by worse places...i've heard some horror stories about low timers and get'n screwed. They atleast treat ya well.

Get yer asss in gear.....now is the time that banfffffffff/canmore is rampin up for the tourist season.

I dont see why it cant be done($13 per/hr)! This year there are three 100 hour pilots getting the chance to fly and two last year. I may be wrong but are there many other companies out there that have started five hundred hour pilots in the last year. Maybe a couple but not many.