Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Time Building.

Good day all,

I'm in the process of finishing up my Helicopter Commercial in Alberta and would like to continue flying once I'm done to build up some time.

My question is has anybody on here ever gone into or is currently involved with Part Ownership in a machine to build time?

Just curious on the matter.

Thanks all!

6 hours ago, ironpilot said:

I guess the big thing would be how operators are going to look at the time of you just tripping around over it being operational flying. 

Ironpilot,

It's no different than Ferry Flying, or flying News machines over a city for two years. Hours is hours!

8 hours ago, 206_Fan said:

Ironpilot,

It's no different than Ferry Flying, or flying News machines over a city for two years. Hours is hours!

I wholeheartedly disagree !!

One day when you've got a few thousand hours under your belt of assorted operational flying, you'll realize just how wrong and dangerous that comment is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, slingdog said:

I wholeheartedly disagree !!

One day when you've got a few thousand hours under your belt of assorted operational flying, you'll realize just how wrong and dangerous that comment is.

Ok I see your point from an Operational Standpoint. Not everyone goes straight into operational flying as soon as they are licensed to get hours & experience. I know guys who haven't flown in well over a year since finishing their license, and other guys who built their own time to stay current until something came up Operationally wise. They are doing just fine in the industry. Any time building I do myself will be between 100 - 500 hours, depending how things plan out!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 206_Fan said:

Ok I see your point from an Operational Standpoint. Not everyone goes straight into operational flying as soon as they are licensed to get hours & experience. I know guys who haven't flown in well over a year since finishing their license, and other guys who built their own time to stay current until something came up Operationally wise. They are doing just fine in the industry. Any time building I do myself will be between 100 - 500 hours, depending how things plan out!

You tell me in an interview how you got those first 500 hrs and I will know immediately that I will still be cleaning the hangar toilet because you're too busy tik tocking and eating Tide pods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 206_Fan changed the title to Helicopter Time Building.