Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Time Building.

20 minutes ago, GrayHorizons said:

"Also correct in not being able to hook up a fuel trailer and set up staging."

Whats the expected time frame to become proficient at this task? Asking for a friend.

Your story falls apart at you having friends.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, freck said:

Your story falls apart at you having friends.

Your reading comprehension sucks as usual.

I said friend. singular. not plural. 

and it's not relevant that I pay this person to be my friend. Its cheap and I have the right to spend my money as I please without your concern or input. Same if I wanted to buy a helicopter to build time, or if you wanted to spend money on a monthly subscription to grinder. We all have the right to do as we please.

I'm not surprised though that the question wasn't answered. I will use my superior thinking skills and assume that a staging area training session would take about a day of my time, and another day to become awesome at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, GrayHorizons said:

I'm not surprised though that the question wasn't answered. I will use my superior thinking skills and assume that a staging area training session would take about a day of my time, and another day to become awesome at it.

I would say that the "apprenticeship" including a few ferryflights, a couple underslung load flights and some max weight flights plus all the ground prep prior to going on a "mission" as well as setting up a staging etc, shouldn't take more than 3 months, then you should be able to do this on your own.

But then I've seen a lot of weird stuff...

2 hours ago, Winnie said:

I would say that the "apprenticeship" including a few ferryflights, a couple underslung load flights and some max weight flights plus all the ground prep prior to going on a "mission" as well as setting up a staging etc, shouldn't take more than 3 months, then you should be able to do this on your own.

But then I've seen a lot of weird stuff...

You think you’ve seen some weird stuff I just checked out what grinder was.

• Haha 4

On 6/6/2023 at 2:58 PM, simpleton said:

...and apparently GreyHorizons already new it's a subscription service. 

Too funny..."Fifty shades of GrayHorizons"...

As insightful as it is to request input and opinions from such a diverse set of types / individuals does allow for constructive debate and will always help steer the original poster towards more information regarding the original post. 

What I am pointing out here, is that the humour never fails and if we cant see that laughing and joking at ourselves and at each other, especially in this Industry where it seems we can be malicious of each other for our own gain, in the end....Humour trumps all. 

As for the original post, its not the amount of time but the quality of time spent. As mentioned in a previous post, make each flight a challenge and test yourself. You can maybe bullshit your hours but you cant bullshit the quality of pilot you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, BJP said:

As for the original post, its not the amount of time but the quality of time spent. As mentioned in a previous post, make each flight a challenge and test yourself. You can maybe bullshit your hours but you cant bullshit the quality of pilot you are.

Very noble advice, but government clients don't care about the "quality of time spent", they just want pilots who meet hourly requirements.

To add just one thing to the original post; I think that a pilot who has owned their own aircraft will be more likely to treat someone elses aircraft as if it were their own, because that's how they're used to doing things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, andy13583 said:

Helicopter time building refers to the process of accumulating flight hours in a helicopter, typically for pilots who have completed their initial training and are working towards meeting the minimum flight hour requirements for advanced certifications or employment opportunities. Time building is crucial for enhancing a pilot's skills, gaining experience, and meeting the qualifications needed for more advanced roles.

Here are some key points to consider in helicopter time building:

1. Certifications and Ratings: Pilots often start with a private pilot license and then work towards obtaining additional certifications such as a commercial pilot license and an instrument rating. Time building is often a requirement for these advanced certifications.

2. Experience: Employers and aviation authorities often require a minimum number of flight hours for certain roles. Time building helps pilots gain the experience necessary to qualify for jobs such as flight instructor, tour pilot, or utility pilot.

3. Skill Development: Building flight hours allows pilots to hone their skills in various conditions and scenarios. This includes developing proficiency in different types of helicopters, navigating diverse environments, and handling various weather conditions.

4. Networking: During time building, pilots have opportunities to network within the aviation community. This can be valuable for future job opportunities and industry connections.

5. Types of Time Building: Pilots can accumulate flight hours through various means, such as working as flight instructors, banner tow pilots, or engaging in aerial tours. Some pilots also participate in ferrying aircraft, agricultural flying, or other commercial operations.

6. Cost Considerations: Time building can be expensive, and pilots often need to balance the cost of accumulating flight hours with the potential benefits in terms of career advancement.

7. Safety First: While building flight hours, safety should always be a top priority. Pilots should adhere to regulations, undergo regular training, and make prudent decisions to ensure a safe flying experience.

8. Logbook Documentation: It's essential for pilots to meticulously document their flight hours in a logbook. This documentation is crucial for meeting certification requirements and demonstrating experience to potential employers.

9. Price: No body know about the Helicopter Price because in these days people when construct big building then mostly use helicopter.

Overall, helicopter time building is a significant phase in a pilot's career, providing the practical experience necessary for advancing in the field of aviation. Pilots should approach this phase with a commitment to safety, continuous learning, and professionalism.

Maybe you have some other grand insights to share.....like setting us know that water is wet, or that it gets dark when the sun goes down?

Stupid spam bots

• Haha 3