Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Company Perks

T55

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic, I think allot of us assume that Vermouth works for the Boomerang and that they are the only operator in the North that does this, when Great Slave does all this and then some, and as well you get to work with 2 great owners, as opposed to the Quebec Teachers Pension Fund, I hear they are a mean spirited bunch to say the least.

DTII

Back on topic, I think allot of us assume that Vermouth works for the Boomerang and that they are the only operator in the North that does this, when Great Slave does all this and then some, and as well you get to work with 2 great owners, as opposed to  the Quebec Teachers Pension Fund, I hear they are a mean spirited bunch to say the least.

DTII

I would't know.... never met any of them. ;)

V

Gmach ------ some words of advice for the future. Whether on contract or as an employee, if payday is on the 15th and the cheque is not in the bank on the 15th, tie-down and secure the helicopter and catch the first flight "outta Dodge". If you do contract, then have EVERY SINGLE WORD agreed to PUT DOWN IN WRITING and signed by YOU and THEM. If they don't abide by that exactly.......then tie down and secure the helicopter and catch the first flight "outta Dodge". Do not even consider complaining to The Labour Board without paperwork in either situation. Contract-wise, anything under $10,000 is considered "Small Claims" and even if you win, YOU get the job of enforcing that decision.....nobody else will. Don't bother going to MoT either because that "ain't their department".

"People can only do to you what you ALLOW them to do to you". Once you realize that, it cuts down on a bunch of moaning,whining and bitching because if you bend over, then you can expect that someone will take advantage of your posture.

"People can only do to you what you ALLOW them to do to you". Once you realize that, it cuts down on a bunch of moaning,whining and bitching because if you bend over, then you can expect that someone will take advantage of your posture.

Well CAP...very good advice....But what a sad state of affairs and a terrible reflection on all of us in this business when, in this day and age, the best advice to someone trying to deal with such a situation is to "remove the tail rotor" or "get outta Dodge". My gawd..., I don't want to spend all my time looking over my shoulder or sinking to the same level of deception as the guy I work for. I maybe a little olde fashion but not so olde fashion that I want to become part of a working environment that should have ended in the 19th century. I think that this industry in Canada is far behind the rest of the world when it comes to labour relations and employee / employer relationships. Even within the SAME company there is gross disparity as you move around the globe. Case in point is CHC in Scandinavia and CHC in Canada.

I think the std reply to NMH re the unpaid on call etc was "can I go get drunk? NO?then I'm at your disposal,so you pay,just like a first guy getting paid for the bandaids he dispenses,dosen't make sense...

and the expression at the Green team was "A long term employee was a guy who took his lunch" or you got a 6 week long term service award,,,,,,,,

I think the std reply to NMH re the unpaid on call etc was "can I go get drunk? NO?then I'm at your disposal,so you pay,just like a first guy getting paid for the bandaids he dispenses,dosen't make sense...

and the expression at the Green team was "A long term employee was a guy who took his lunch" or you got a 6 week long term service award,,,,,,,,

Pardon :huh:

Been with my employer for 20 years in a month, I had same as 407 when my parents were ill, no quibble you were off as long as you needed, all paid. I have the pins, been to HAI, and other trips that were work but very cushy. I take holidays in the summer as well, get long service pay augmentation, pension plan, and awsome medical, they recently returned my holidays when I broke my foot 5 days into my holidays, allowing me to use up my 30 sick days and then short term leave if needed.

This company works you hard and we don't always see eye to eye but overall they are one of the best, there are a few companies like this in western Canada but it take several years for them to warm up to you, they've been stung to many times by impeitiant (oops) pilots and engineers.