disappearing Metros...

Okay, here is what I have heard. Alta Flights apparently had a couple of Metros repossessed, nothing to do with the company or it''s finances or operations, but rather something to do with the banks terms on the contract for the 2 aircraft. But, then I heard that more of their Metros (not sure how many are on thier OC) were being parked as well. Just wanting to know if anyone knows anything, or even if the story is true.

Apparently the company that held the paper on the two Metros wanted to get out of aircraft financing and wanted the loan paid. During the attempt to negotiate they had the aircraft siezed. The aircraft inquestion are supposed to be getting refinanced through another company. I have not heard of any other aircraft affected by this, and they all seem to be still in service. I guess the rumour is just that!

From the inside looking out, the company seems OK.

Rumours are usually started by former employees who are not happy with their present positions.

Over the past year there have been a lot of personel changes and now there seem to be a lot less problems with the aircraft. (i.e.; a lot less down time due to operation errors)

----------------

On 5/12/2003 11:44:26 PM wridon wrote:

Over the past year there have been a lot of personel changes and now there seem to be a lot less problems with the aircraft. (i.e.; a lot less down time due to operation errors)

----------------

AKA transport shut them down until they cleaned up their act you mean

AFSTBC -

does it really matter why the changes are made as long as things improve? The end result is that we have a more stable company that is flying airplanes and employing pilots. I thought that was what it''s all about.

I get a wee bit tired of sniping little comments that only lend themselves to an overall sense of negativity and doom and gloom. I don''t advocate wearing rose coloured glasses, but let''s try to be a bit more supportive and encouraging to each other. We and the industry will only be better off for it.

AltaFlights was never "SHUT DOWN" by Transport.  They were only required to make some changes, which they did, and things are going along just fine.

One of the Jetstreams is online with QuickAir now and has very few empty seats.  Things look good.