Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Sales

Yeah, and if medical troops flew in the S-64 hospital pod, they probably weren''t too comfortable, either. Remember they had a bus pod, too? Scary stuff, especially after reading the report on the 500 that dropped it''s cabin section, and occupants, due to some bad welding.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis-Downwash;

The KomavKA-26 did a tour in Canada in 1968 or 69 equipped with piston radials.

I was with Harvey when we went along for flight at Aircraft Industries in St.Jean. Very few instruments and the throttles worked with a twist to the left. They would not take the cowlings of and give us a look at the engines or transmission. Was not impressed.

Downwash-Elvis...I got some stick time in the S-58 piston with Dooley in Dryden in 74...Jerry Flesher was with us as was Gerry Waylen.Gerry was working on Jim Lewis''s 205.What a time we had there.I was just new...fresh licence...the last thing I had flown was a 47.Dooley sure loved flying that 58.Elvis...I see you have flown DZE...that old gal is still around...I got a little time on her also.The 58''s letters were FZM...she''s still going as well...have a good one!

Cap,haven''t seen the new gtp yet.Had a look at the gt...very nice.Did you go south yet to look for your next ride?I was reading the post on camps,good,bad,etc.I laught so hard my pants are still wet...trouble is I was in most of those s%$@holes.

Downwash ----- if memory serves me correctly, DP got DZE by way of PHI...correct?

DGP ----- no new cars of any sort for me. Had a business partner that did to me only what 'gays' indulge in. There!....you can laugh about that too while you're at it.

Rodger on the camps too. I like 'duck under glass' for eating, but not 'pilot under canvass' for living and resting. I was recently offered a generator for a real good price, but memory prevented me from buying it....**** things.7.gif

So you just sit down there in your 'fancy-assed' job, with the big paycheque and fancy machine. I suppose you come on here to see how the 'real pilots' are making out? Nothing has changed, so go ahead and gloat. 9.gif I suppose you got Stock Options too, eh?