Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Who Are We & What Do We Do

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the mediums is the size/weight of the buckets and longlines. It takes two guys a day to pack all the spares into the machine and get ready to go on a tour! They do sound real cool though....especially when it is cold out!!!

I agree with t-rex,with the bell mediums you spend most of your time loading and unloading gear to go sit all day so you can load again,and again.However,flying the 407 is great but having to load that bucket in the machine by myself is a killer,by the time you manhandle that so called 125 pound piece of #$@%& into the back seat you have to take a ten minute brake.All the guys here just dread that job.With two guys and a third holding the door it's still a *****.2.gif3.gif

Sure Shorty, I'll buy you a coffee....seeing how you're unemployed, with slim changes of ever getting meaningful employment again. 9.gifThese 2 social functions may have to wait, as We are still busy at the shop, crushing the forces of evil (which tend to spin clockwise)11.gif

204B, there's no love of EC anywhere in that office, starting with WG or JB, even our fearless leader SC was very happy when we trucked the last 2 battle-stars across town.

DGP, we run the ski basket all year on our 407 so that's where all items over the "safe pilot lifting weight" are stored. My personal SPLW is about 20 lbs after a long day, so I tend to just fly the bucket home if it's under 50 mi. To make it fly better, I usually fill it up, and always have it on the end of at least 50' of line too. With a full bucket, you get 1 quick shot at the wrench...if he happens to be outside the hangar..if not, it's great for the lawn. 9.gif

Hey 407...what kind of airspeed are you flying the bucket at...I personally dont go more than 60 kts loaded or unloaded as the cargo hook tends to roll hard on the belly protector...as far as droping a load on the wrench back at base...well, I'm the wrench as well as the driver and there aint no lawn up in Juniper to water...just ask RDM.2.gif9.gif

Gotta love that 212 thump, still my favourite helo sound.

I''m military guy, drove 212s, Labs and now Sea Kings. Love flying off ships, it''s way way cool stuff.

I dream of finishing military life and finding work driving anything small enough to fly alone. Willing to earm my keep out there and learn the trade, customer relations and all that good stuff you need to know. I love flying the big iron, got tons of time on the dials day and night but it would be so nice to just fly off in some light machine and just fly by yourself without a committee of three, four and sometimes as many as six aircrew.

Corax, You are a perfect candidate for CHC Int''l. You can still fly the big iron and do it by yourself. Although you will probably have a local copilot, he probably won''t have more than a rudimentary command of english or be able to identify the rotor brake switch two out of three times.