Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

See Ya Later Guys - I''m Outta Here

Well guys site protection has gone overboard. I got an email from Kyle saying that I am not allowed to promote anything to do with a competitors site - which I understand and thats why he deleted the link to my photo gallery because it is on the Vert Ref site.

However I think they have gone overboard because I have also been told that I am not allowed to have the username Heli Ops because it promotes my magazine and since I am not an advertiser its not allowable. Like the old saying goes its their sandpit and they make the rules.

To those that have my email address, drop me an email as I wont be visiting this site again.

Heli Ops

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so Elvis. Imagine for a moment that you owned a shoe store, why that example I don't know, okay, imagine you owned a liquor store and a competitor popped in and started advertising his liquor store on your property. How long would it take before you would ask him to remove his ads? No offense to Heli Ops by the way.

Sorry to see ya go.Cant ya just get a different coloured pail, I mean name and still play in the sandbox.If you are gone for good,goodby,and keep the clean side up!

I should have been a little more specific in this mornings post.

Deleting Heli-Ops link to his site was totally within his duties as the adminstrator & Heli-Ops understood this,but to ask him to change his name because of the tie-in to his magazine was a little overboard.

He should be allowed to continue to post his views/opinions as long he refrains from direct links to his magazine in any name he chooses(maybe he could change it to AllBlacks)

Also I seem to remember in the not too distant past a certain administrator having no problem in posting links to another site in the old Canadian Aviation web site

Caught ya......just checked the "who''s on line thingy" and see''ya still reading the posts.........come on, how can you posssssibbbly leave this crew.

so whatta say?

Yeah, terrible old Neville was trying to give us a few more pictures of the next best thing to naked ladies, but obviously endangering the survival of this forum! I''m all for keeping the fox out of the henhouse, but this seems more like ''kitty bar the door.'' A detailed explanation of your perspective wouldn''t hurt, Kyle.