Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Camps - great, bad and weird

Guest graunch1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the worst not so much a camp but an overnite spot would have to have been Susies Kitchen in Makovic Labrador.You were never really sure if it was the bacon splattering in the frying pan,or was here runny eye dripping.Then when served, would sit in her lovly blue dress which she wore always and knee high black gum boots and watch ya force it down.Yummy.Circa 1979.Another great one was Totem Airs crew house in Fort Simpson.Not!!Circa 1974.And the best most recent camp with out a doubt is the fire camp at Pine Lk,owned and operated by Wood Buffalo National Park.Circa summer 2002.

Mini You forgot to mention Susies "honey" bucket with the board on it behind the curtain in the same kitchen that people were eating in,but I did consider my self lucky I got a bed that night on of our passengers slept on the pool table.

Mini My one night at Susie''s was a memory I was trying to forget thanks for it bringing back ,especially the drippy eye.

If you want another camp that really sucked try Lac Denise (LG2 airport)

Elvis. Yes many of the camps at Jimmys Lagoon left a lot to be desired.I to was at Lac Denise once.When ya were at Susies were ya with Sealand or Universal.I was with sealand.At Jimmys lagoon I was with T.Q.

Almost forgot Amund Ringnas Island,high arctic,Mt Logan tent to sleep in,Coleman stove to heat it up before ya crawled in the 3 star fart sack.Circa 1976.Resolute never looked so good after that job.