Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

ROHO for 212

If you have a history of severe skin breakdown, you will likely need a cushion with a higher profile and more aggressive pressure relief features.
The size and weight of the user will also play a role in choosing the right cushion. ROHO cushions come in a variety of sizes to accommodate different body types.
If you are very active, you may need a cushion that is more durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.  geometry lite
Talking to a healthcare professional is the best way to determine which ROHO cushion is right for you. They can assess your individual needs and recommend a cushion that will provide the support and pressure relief you need.

• Haha 2

Go onto marketplace you can usually find a great used ROHO for $100-200. Give er a good wash, your good to go.  Excellent product for the mediums. They use a small hand air pump to control cushion. Mine was about 4” high and worked great, and size wise, about the dimensions of the front seat. You can’t really go wrong and your back with love it!

I think mine is 17x17 and fits well. I paid 800 for mine as I wanted the quad compartment so when you lean out the window it deflates the left and more air moves to the right giving full support at all times. One days flight pay is well worth the price for not having a sore back. 8 hours a day on the line and not an ounce of pain! 

• Thanks 2

I still sit on mine at my desk….several years after my retirement!! If I’m a passenger on a flight of more than 3 hours I’ll take it on the trip. Love ROHO!

Mine is 16.5 x 16.5 and 2 inches deep. 9 x 9 air pockets. Single valve. 

I had tried the one with 2 valves (so that one side doesn’t collapse when you lean out the window, as mentioned above) but the single valve model has been great for general flying work and occasional long-lining. The 2 inch has also worked well for me. 

Try to always use the pump and not inflate it with your mouth….all that moisture isn’t great. 

There will be occasional tiny leaks but they are really easy to find and just as easy to fix. The supplied alcohol and patches work great and more patches can be bought at a camping store like MEC. 

Your butt will thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks folks. I have been watching the marketplace, and found what seems to be a reasonable one that's 16.5"x16.5”x2.25"

I just wasn't sure what's too big or too small for the 212 seat, without having measured the seats themselves. 

You don’t need patches.  
You need Shoo Goo or Goop…. Quick swipe and you’re good to go in the morning.  
I’ve had the Air Hawk for years now.  I use it at home in my favorite chair as well…. Love it, but more importantly, my back does.  Levels out crappy seats and makes so-so ones even better.

10 hours ago, ironpilot said:

im not sure about the 212 seat size, but if you fly the astar as well the 15x15x4 is a perfect swap out of the astar bucket seats, you should be able to use it in the 212 as well

Yeah that's the other thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is the different height profiles and which of them is too tall/short 

Depends on what you fly the most……

If you’re putting it on top of a 212 fabric seat or cushion, the 2” is fine. 
If you are removing the A-Star cushion and using a ROHO instead, the 4” is perfect, but needs to be a bit smaller to fit inside the seat frame.