Bottle to throttle

Just curious. I retired in 2017, so I don't follow new regs anymore. I get my heli news on this forum.

Isn't it 10 hours bottle to throttle now? And if so, how'd that work out with 14 hr duty days, say on fires. Or any 14 hr day job? 

Basically you can't drink on tour anymore? 

Asking for a friend. 

I'll miss this forum. 

Cheers 🍻 

But not if your on tour

With 14-hour duty days, especially for firefighting missions, it's crucial to abstain from alcohol throughout the entire duty period. There's simply no room for alcohol consumption within the legal limits. uno online

Safety is paramount in helicopter operations. By following the regulations and avoiding alcohol before or during duty, you and your fellow crew members can ensure a safe and successful mission.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, jaynolan said:

With 14-hour duty days, especially for firefighting missions, it's crucial to abstain from alcohol throughout the entire duty period. There's simply no room for alcohol consumption within the legal limits. uno online

Safety is paramount in helicopter operations. By following the regulations and avoiding alcohol before or during duty, you and your fellow crew members can ensure a safe and successful mission.

I bet your a pile of fun on the job.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Tee4 said:

This is what happens when forums aren't monitored.

It's either AI looking for interactions to learn, or its people practicing their English, looking for interactions to learn.

It’s AI for sure. That —- line in their post is a link so some game website. 

On 7/2/2024 at 9:14 AM, jaynolan said:

With 14-hour duty days, especially for firefighting missions, it's crucial to abstain from alcohol throughout the entire duty period. There's simply no room for alcohol consumption within the legal limits.Slope Unblocked

I'm so excited!

• Haha 1

And what would happen if one had a cold beer 13.5 hours before a flight? What's the punishment? Cause I frigging guarantee some of the gents I know are not going to follow that rule. 

On 6/28/2024 at 4:01 PM, Helipilot4 said:

12 hrs bottle to throttle now. Essentially no dinner drinks on fires due to the new regs 

In my younger days, I could drink like a Champ at camp in the evenings, and still never question my integrity regarding fitness for flight. Or my collegues either.

Although, I did sometimes mis-read the forecast of Whiskey Clouds coming in. Never had to douse myself in Jet A to mask the sweats. I have flown with Head colds and kidney stones before...so I'm probably going to Heli-purgatory for my bad decisions.

TC says they give us final discretion and professionalism to know when not to fly. Their nazi-regime is both subjective and objective at the same time. What's next with the ever changing and more stringent rules...no color TV!

And then, the smart monitoring of our sleep and rest periods....GAAAWWWDDD! 

• Thanks 4