Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Life In Seclusion

Doug has been a helicopter pilot for 35 years and is finally sick of the stress.He quits his job and buys 50 acres of land north of High Level as far from humanity as possible. Doug sees the postman once a week and gets groceries once a month.Otherwise its total peace and quiet.After six months or so of almost total isolation, hes finishing dinner when someone knocks on his door. he opens it and there is a big bearded helicopter engineer standing there.Names Jason...your neighbour from four miles over the ridge...having a party Saturday...thought youd like to come. Great says Doug,after six months of this Im ready to meet some local folks.Thank you.As Jason is leaving he stops,Gotta warn you, theres gonna be some drinking.Not a problem...after 35 years in the aviation business,I can drink with the best of them.Again as he starts to leave Jason stops,Moren likely gonna be some fightin too. ****,Doug thinks..well I get along with most people.Ill be there.Thanks again.Once again Jason turns from the door.Ive seen some wild sex at these parties,too.Now thats not a problem says Doug,remember Ive been alone for six months.Ill definitely be there.. by the way,what should I wear?Jason stops in the door again and says,Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us....