Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Favourite Airports?

I was just wondering if anyone would care to share their favourite airports....could always be useful to know when choosing the location for the infamous $100 hamburger. Im currently flying out of Cooking Lake, Alberta and have seen the majority of airports in the region here....looking for a new scenery....care to share?

over.

-Mark

Guest Bullet Remington

Jasas, Mark You have gotta get out of Crooked Lake!

There are other great airports, I''ve visted, and I''m sorry but Crooked Laked ain''t on the list!!

Hey BR,

I didnt say that i am a lover of the Cooking Lake! Not by any stretch! I just happen to live 2 minutes away from there so its convienent...plus im busy at the UofA. Thats why i was asking where a nice destination would be...till im out of there i''ll be stuck at the CL.

CL does have cheap gas though... $.80/l

-Mark

Nelson BC has a nice little strip downtown and on the lake. It's within walking distance to restaurants  and hotels. A good summertime destination.

This isn't my all time favorite airport, but it is one that I am kind of fond of.(I live there)

shortfinalcznl.jpg

P.S. Thanks High Alpine Air for the photo.

• 3 weeks later...

Penticton is a nice place too.  Best time to go has to be when the peach festival is on. Rwy16YYF.jpg  I beleive it's around the weekend of Aug 9th.  Weather usually is hot, there are beaches off the end of the runway, and then there's Slack Alices. naughty.gif  If you decide to go, spend at least a night.  Oh and book waaaaay ahead, as there aren't many rooms available on short notice that time of year.

Cheers

wolf_evil_smile.gif

Oooops !!   My apologies Kyle, I forgot that there might be those of an impressionable age on here.  Won''t happen again. 

Cheers

pirate_with_bottle_of_rum.gif