Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hope, Bc Crash

PedalJam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, 407 too, provided you're properly licenced, equipped, crewed, etc., but operating unregistered and without a CofA sure is. B)

Yes, most unfortunate to all involved, although my sympathy meter will adjust if it's proven to be yet another of these illegal ops where people risk so much for so relatively little. Then, my sympathy goes to the people they so unnecessarily leave behind.

And, for the critics, I don't accept that this comes under idle speculation when there's such a history in that area of the type of op I'm talking about, and the type of accident.

No, 407 too, provided you're properly licenced, equipped, crewed, etc., but operating unregistered and without a CofA sure is. B)

Yes, most unfortunate to all involved, although my sympathy meter will adjust if it's proven to be yet another of these illegal ops where people risk so much for so relatively little. Then, my sympathy goes to the people they so unnecessarily leave behind.

And, for the critics, I don't accept that this comes under idle speculation when there's such a history in that area of the type of op I'm talking about, and the type of accident.

On the Global TV (BC edition) someone said that the pilot was "a well known local " from down the road"

"very experienced"

Don't slaughter the messenger.

Just wondering if it was a Valley Helicopters machine?

I was with downwash from his first comment on this one (he had me at "hello").

This is tragic but it had better not have been too avoidable. Our industry doesn't need any more wrecks than we get under normal ops.

It must have been quite challenging for the pilot to navigate at that hour in such a high-gravity area to begin with.

On that note, and before judging any pilot from any one accident, I wonder how many accidents over a typical year occur without regs violations included in the chain of events.

It'd be a real shame if an innocent life was lost in the process of drug runnin.....but how much of a loss would it actually be if it was a guy affiliated with selling dope to kids.....IMHO

I'd say it's still a loss Rosco, as Downwash said, "sympathy goes to the people they so unnecessarily left behind." Condolences to friends, family, and loved ones. :(

It also is a loss for our industry. To many of the general public this will be just another helicopter accident. No discrimination of if any illegal or unsafe activities were involved, and will further erode their confidence and trust of helicopters and aviation. :(