Stupid Question! ...but

RDM

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on Rob........hope you did not think that my comment(s) was directed to any flight training units. My concern was, potentially an instructor (or any pilot) teaching or working with a suspect individual..... and more importantly, teaching on an unairworhty(suspect) aircraft. I mean, come on, if some dude walks up to you (or me) and asks to be trained on an aircraft parked out of sight and for cash, it would strike me as perhaps a bit shady. And yes your right, when someone plunks down money at a school, we do assume that they are a little bit more interested in it as a career, but hey, after the 206 crash that killed that girl in Abby, we "lost" a student when the detectives started coming in regularly to look at the 206..... ;)

Skidz:

Geez H. Keerist bye, bean han hex grunt u shud no better! ifn ya wants to ave a badle of whits, ya better show up hat the figt wit some ammo, bye!! :punk:

And...it ain't nuthin Its nuting, bye, nuting!!!

Friggin Upper canadians and CFAs!! :shock: :shock:

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

To keep certain names in the clear here i wanted to say something on the behalf of the school and the instructors that are there.

I trained at that school...and maybe disturbingly enough i also trained with the pilot that was caught. I am totaly surpised that the pilot could have done this....he was a good guy and tried his damnedest to get into the industry, unfortunatly without any real luck...getting screwed over by some employers exploiting the low timers deal.

I'm not making excuses for him....what he did was stupid and i'm sure what consiqueses he faces will be deserved.

As for he school (Coast Helicopter College) that he and I attended....bar none....one of the best around. I was taught things at that school that most schools do not. After talking to many other low timers and high timers alike i was glad to realize that that school not only taught me the basic skills required by TC, but also focused on making an operationaly successful student. The instructors i had were top notch and had more than 20,000 hours of safe flying and did nothing but encouge the safe opperation of the A/C and professional conduct of the pilot.

so with that said....i highly recomend the school...and its instructors.

and your right...helicopters don't smuggle drugs....people do.

I've just heard that alot of schools don't do as many full on Auto's and thats all we did. To grass most of the time....lots of operational stuff....log pad landings. snow landings..hover exits, toe ins, slinging, including awquard loads, water bucketing, 500ft hovering auto's (in an R22) ect.... some of this was in the 206.

I know that there are schools out there that do these sort of things....i just think that many are there just to take your money...give you the very basics...and send you out there.

"I was taught things at that school that most schools do not. "

Like what there Dusty Roads????

Where the **** did this clown learn to fly......my blood pressure starts to increase thinking that potentially an instructor or some kind of proffessional (?) pilot may have trained one of these lowlifes to fly for cash?...... :down:

I know the names of the victims of the accident near Hope aren't being released but I do believe one of the victims was an instructor (by title anyway)...from Galaxy Helicopters fame. :down: