Training Costs And Pilot Demand

TomKarl

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God Gentlemen, Last Time I Checked You had to Be an Adult to Hold a Commercial Helicopter Licence.

Let Me Ask you This.

Do Our Universities and Other Post Secendary Institutions Deny Prospective Students based on the Employment Opporyunities?

If you want to Learn to Fly then Do it.

Everything in Life comes at Cost in one way or Another.

Don't Dream It. Be IT!

Cheers.

My God Gentlemen, Last Time I Checked You had to Be an Adult to Hold a Commercial Helicopter Licence.

Let Me Ask you This.

Do Our Universities and Other Post Secendary Institutions Deny Prospective Students based on the Employment Opporyunities?

Um, yes and no. However, very few of them outright lie to prospective students. Most universities actually set enrollment quotas for each program based on sound statistical data with respect to near, medium and long-term demand for grads. These quaotas are usually revised every three to five years.

Most aviation schools will tell you there is an acute pilot shortage and that you should hurry up if you don't want to miss the wave. We've been hearing about Vietnam era pilots all retiring, and baby boomer pilots retiring and so on and so on... <_<

If you want to Learn to Fly then Do it.

Everything in Life comes at Cost in one way or Another.

Don't Dream It. Be IT!

I like your credo ! :up:

To make it in this industry you need to be passionate about flying and be wiling to make many sacrifices along the way... :punk:

To make it in this industry you need to be passionate about flying and be wiling to make many sacrifices along the way... :punk:

Ya, I'm passionate, willing to expend the funds, but not sure I can put myself at such risk trying to pay back a huge loan. Pay scale in this industry seems low for the skill and risk involved even for the 'high total flight time' people.

Heres a thought, dont go into as much debt, sell your midlife crisis car, a few of the teys, it adds up fast, live like you are supporting a family, all excess funds go to school, Im talking BEFOR the stuff you want, priorities. You have to want this more than anything. i dont believe for a second that people would get into this industry for the money. the sacrafice doesnt negate the wage, there is MUCH more to it.

Cole :punk:

Hey TTF....

What happened to your avitar? There's a glare that wasn't there before and it's not in a very good spot!

RH1

Hey RH1,

Although I've had many compliments on my taste in art someone very close minded and easily offended by what we all have hidden under our clothes was offended. I prey they never set foot in an art gallery or they will go blind. They likely shower in the dark too. Kyle asked me politely to remove it and I chose to edit it instead. Not Kyle's fault at all.

Thanks to cameras we don't all have to be artists with brushes to capture a view for others to see.

Here is how the picture might look in a gallery.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey TomCarl,

I wish the schools would clean up there act with regard to telling lies to potential students. I noticed this on the website for Chinook who I'm sure are a great bunch of ppl but none the less lying through there teeth.

"The Bell 47 is used in a wide variety of operations by our graduates, including pilot training, aerial photography, pipeline patrol, forest fire fighting, geological surveying, fishspotting and enforcement reconnaissance."

Yeah right!! When was the last time I landed a 350 B2 beside a 47-G2 on fires hmmm let me think..... NEVER!!

I meant to comment on that earlier, but got lost :wacko: I talked to Chinook about that ad rather than "speculate" about their integrity. The had hired a company to put together a website for their school, and the web site designer "borrowed" that statement directly from an old Bell Helicopter advertisement from years ago. They were not happy about the outcome with what was put together, but the web designer went out of business. They are currently redoing their site, to reflect a more accurate state of the school and helicopter industry. I have known the Press's for many years, they are a very open and honest family, that would not "lie" to any prospective students. They are an accredited flying school with a reputation to uphold. For anyone to outright state that they are, "lying through their teeth" without ascertaining the facts first, pretty much somes up the "type" of person that individual is making the statement.... :down: