Ferry Flights

Ryan

I agree gentlemen, operator's that have to move an aircraft from A to B will pay for it anyways, students or not! Operator's don't move an aircraft across the country for no reason, most of the time it is for work or heavy maintenance! I have seen the 'ones' who let the students pay for the trip.....somewhat questionable business practices! Only my opinion! I may have a few trips coming up myself, I will let you know, and no, I don't expect any aircraft operating money!

Anyways keep up the posts!

maybe I am the one that's not seeing this clearly.......

cost to truck the ( O time ) helicopter to yxx = about $8000.00

35 hrs of revenue @ $440.00 per hour = $15,400.00

35 hrs of experience @ $200.00 = $7,000.00

the difference?............ about $8000.00

sure, the ferry pilot has other expenses along the way but so does my boss. remember, he's in the machine too! it's alot cheaper to sit at home and wait for the new machine to arrive than fly out to new york and bring it home.

now if i am off on this.......then i'll just drop it..................

Here is my storey, nothing to do with BC Heli. Sorry 412, my earlier post had nothing to do with your operation. I was transiting a B205 from East to West. Mid Ontario I landed for fuel and inbound came this AS350D from Vancouver area. It was heading to Southern QC. I chatted with one of the 4 fellows onboard and apparently the 'company' found three willing students to 'pay' for the non rev trip from the west coast to Southern QC! It was like $700/hr to ride in the PIC seat, with a company pilot sitting in the COJO seat. As I said earlier, the machine was to be ferried across anyways.....why take more money? This is what I call questionable!!!!

and you will also find companies that always bid low, because they can find pilots who will fly for next to nothing, (or FREE if trying to break in) and pilots -many here on other threads- will be wondering why rates are far behind europe or elsewhere --- Moral issues aside....

i posted my initial reply about PAYING for non-training stick time because i thought that kind of activity was generally accepted in this forum as an abuse of new new pilots and old pilots trying to improve their rate of pay -- i guess i was wrong--

you now have no right to bad mouth operators who do this, as has been done in the past. (saskatchewan river crossing company comes to mind) if there is a market for it amongst low-timers so be it, let the pilots decide -- Moral issues aside....

i agree, it is a reality, has always been there, and i'm sure it always will :(

the up and comers will always try to find a way to get flight time.

i myself don't hold any hard feelings or predjudices against low timers trying to fulfill their dream anyway they can - i was there once too

i'm truly suprised that there was not wailing and nashing of teeth from some people on this forum about paying for flight hours on a trip that is existing.

be safe

:up:

"i'm truly suprised that there was not wailing and nashing of teeth from some people on this forum about paying for flight hours on a trip that is existing."

yes, BUT, our ferry flight doesn't have to happen, we can just as easy put the a/c on a truck and ship it. i thought i had explained that.....