Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Extreme Helicopters

Joni

Check your local listings people. Thursday evening, Discovery Channel -- Extreme Machines--helicopters...Some title like that. Thought all would be interested.

Joni

Here you go 'boys'-I copied this straight from the discovery website. enjoy!

The Greatest Ever: Helicopters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A panel of expert, high-profile judges picks, ranks and comments on the top 10 helicopters of all time; turning the fastest helicopter upside-down; delivering a glass of champagne from high in the sky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This episode airs at the following times (Eastern) :

Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 8:00 PM

Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 12:00 AM

Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 3:00 PM

Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 7:00 AM

Thu, Dec 8, 2005 at 8:00 PM

Fri, Dec 9, 2005 at 12:00 AM

Fri, Dec 9, 2005 at 3:00 PM

Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 7:00 AM

Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 5:00 PM

Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 1:00 AM

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CHEVY II

Hmmmm...the old Chevy II 206 comes in at #7, not so bad! ;)

Apache Longbow "Don't run, you'll only die tired" #3

#2 The Robby... :prop: hey, I trained in it. It never let me down and, all those full ons...!OMG :shock:

#1 The UH-1 Huey, and once again...BELL HELICOPTER! :punk:

After seeing one of these in action in YHZ the other day, she'd definitely be my first choice given the opportunity...post-33-1158432390_thumb.gif

Mike's a movie star celebrity type to...who new? B)

Very Well Done Mr. Reyno, great show.

Saw the show tonite and you looked pretty daper in the button down with the geled hair.

Good On Y'a.

Our very own Television Celebrity.

Watch out for the papanazis or whatever the **** they're called.

Seriously though, great job Mike.....You do the industry good.

Cheers

R

You could be right, Birthday Boy. :) That snippy, snipey, sniper's just askin' for it, ain't he?! :P Arrrrrrr!

Anyhoo, so Vertical Mag Mike was host or judge or narrator or expert or something on that program and no one said ONE WORD! Gee willickers! What's up with that? I'm gonna catch it and give a play-by-play account now! Ha! B)

mike did do a great job.. well done, v man!! :up:

it was generally a good show but i have to say the skycrane doesn't place loads precisely, the drivers flying it do!!!

and i still think the 47 should have been on the list!! but that's just me being picky!!! was nice to see an old dom-peg 206 though!! :up: B)

Thanks guys.

It was a fun project to work on. Unfortunately I had little input on the selection of the top 10 helicopters. I pushed to have the Bell 47 included, but they went with the R-22/44 instead. But as I explained to them, it really was the Bell 47 that revolutionized the helicopter.

The crew flew over from England in July, and I had to sit in front of the camera in my kitchen for about three hours. I gave them some good stuff, which got edited out of course. I explained how the Sea King spawned the S-61 and how the Huey spawned the 204/205/210/212/412. Oh well, next time!

So, what’s the consensus of people on the forum? What do you think the top 10 helicopters are??