Extreme Helicopters

Joni

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we supposed to vote on actual valid reasons why a helicopter should be in the top ten, or is it just a flash/dream helicopter that nobody would work in the industry and get away with it.

As far as I'm concerned the Comanche fits the bill for the latter, but if I was to pick an actual working mans helicopters, all the stars line up in the galaxy and point to, you guessed it, the A-star.

A-STAR is the best helicopter of all time (except the D model that is)!

Not sure how you figure that Amadeo. Lately, the LTS 101 has been just as reliable (if not more) than the Arriel, at a fraction of the cost to operate, uses less fuel, burns cleaner (if you have the smokeless combustion liner) and best of all, you don't have to send it to an overhaul shop so Turbomeca can bend you over and stick it to you at a minimum of $150000 US. Thanks but no thanks, we've been operating two of them for the last 6 years and you can rest assured that the only thing wrong with the LTS 101 is the troubles it had 20 years ago and the bad reputation it gets from people who know nothing about it!

Helidude,

I remember the swearing and frustration that we caused you each time the oil went acid or the blade shift inspection was bad. Those telephone calls were good for those who were trying to learning bilingual swear words. So I think you are probably looking at them through different glasses now that you are the big cheese! Ha ha ha ha..............

Who would of thought!

Now get back to work, how can you justify all of the hours you spend looking at this web page when you should be working......