Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Starting Salary In 1979 Same As Now?

"Now "that", has got to be about as much fun, as you can legally have, between your legs"

ya, it was a rush alright.............

when i was pushing 7 seconds the wife pulled the pin :unsure:

one will never know until you feel your nitrous go 100% at 1/3 track kicking your 1100cc's to 325HP and tries to rip your arms off :shock:

:punk: :up: :punk: :up: :punk:

on the original topic: could it be the abundance of lowtime pilots thats driving the wages so low, back then that was alot of money no? now because there are so many pilots the demand is outweighed by the supply, if one is not willing to loose an arm to frostbite for said price someone else will

My 0.02$ Cole :punk:

the experienced pilot is hard to find and in great demand.

that's why the company's that pay the best get the best.

i dont think the the amount of low time drivers effects wages or tarrif's at all. there is a high percentage of company's that can only employ experienced drivers!

even harder is the exceptional engineer!!!

I'm still fairly new to the industry, but from when I was looking around for work in the spring, this is what I got.

Eventhough none of these possitions were for a flying seat, but rather ground crew, I figure it's still relevent. Most of the companies were saying that they were giving $2200 - $3000 / month, with some companies giving away-from-base on top of that. However, some of these were 'summer only', so...

Red