Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Ems Pilots Certified

Should'a, would'a, could'a Jetbox.

The reality is that the pay and treatment was bad enough to overcome everyone's fear of retaliation and they banded together to fix the situation themselves.

They were probably tired of listening to nay sayers like 412 also.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a union type, I don't believe that it is benificial for the helicopter industry in Canada. I do believe that we individually and collectivley stand up for ourselves and (request/demand)?? a fair renumeration for the job we do.

It is easy to knock the low timer that works for hours and meals only, usually that is the only option they have. I don't believe it should be an us against them attitude (pilots Vs. Owners/managment), we should work together to bring tariffs up to were they belong! (it's not right to pay more for a D8 cat than a Jetranger per hour, in the oil patch).

With that said I do know that within seven years the pilots in the Gulf of Mexico have seen their pay double, because of the union or the lack of operators and equipment????????

My 2centsx2= Bull#@%(

the union issue always brings the emotions out on both sides... please watch the use of names and initials when you're venting... i've edited the names from your post, SD...

i must admit that i too, am not a big fan of unions, but there are those circumstances when it may be the only option left open...

i remember the days as a young paramedic when the people mopping the floors in housekeeping made more than we did...

i hope it works in the EMS drivers benefit and does not become a liability to them instead.. B)

Typical.

412 driver brought up a very valid question, and it deserves a response, why those involved have yet to, is anyones guess.

Asking for him to post his wage is pointless as he is in a totally different tree branch of the industry. EMS started it, let EMS take the ball and run with it. If it works, great, if it fails, too bad for them.

The fact about you saying you felt "compelled" to sign a card, even though you are anti union, has me questioning the true level of support, maybe the 85% is now an inflated number, not reflective of the true strength in numbers concept.

Should'a, would'a, could'a Jetbox.

The reality is that the pay and treatment was bad enough to overcome everyone's fear of retaliation and they banded together to fix the situation themselves.

They were probably tired of listening to nay sayers like 412 also.

That's exactly what I was saying Reddog. What language are you reading these posts in anyways????