Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Ems Pilots Certified

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if you figure you're more than a glorified taxi/bus/truck driver etc you can demand more than 80-100K.

But get with it guys, this job has the potential to be dangerous, but it's in your control most of the time. Why should anyone pay you the equivalant of danger pay when you're the one who makes or breaks it?

I personally would rather do this than work in any other industry where your safety is much further from your control.

Now get back in your cab/truck/bus and do your job and put a smile on your face cause you're here for the fun factor, right?

Actually Swinger,

Some of us have mortgages, a wife and kids, bills...etc.... to pay for.

That initial attitude of doing this for the fun of it does not last and reality sets in. We are doing a profession based on technical knowledge and best practises. My employer is charging their oil and gas customer a good chunk for the services we provide. In turn we can "charge" the employer a fair, if not lucrative amount for the services we as pilots provide. In there obviously is the safety factor/ "danger" factor you alluded to.

Many of us choose to advance this industry, under duress from the old school mentality.

As I believe, we all have a choice(democracy)..... we can continue status quo or stand up and negotiate progressive benefits/ pay/ vacation...........etc.

DK

• 2 months later...

Even to an outsider the issues, which are not peculiar to the helicopter industry, are obvious. The pilots that work for Transport Canada are also

unionized.

To those who because they are imperceptive or insensitive, chose to

disregard the concerns of working pilots, I suggest they are doomed to

suffer the fate they deserve.

Congratulations to the CHC EMS pilots.

To follow up with what John Moore says,

The rest of the Canadian helicopter industry is watching this process and what results from it. Their negotiations will definitely affect more than themselves and their local issues.

Agree or disagree, this is a major step in the Canadian industry (helicopter side).

Good luck folks......those of us overseas are with you and watching closely!

DK

AMAZING :up: AMAZING :up: AMAZING

Yipee, I hope they get what they want and I hope a method is found fast to take back the industry from the assh09e management types that fire guys for stupid reasons and disclude person from working in the industry for bogus reasons. Under a union you have to make a serious mistake to get fired, no more red herrings , no more personnality conflicts no more culling of the heard to suit the fancy of the industry know-it -alls. finally a mecanism between empoyee and employer. What a hopefull sign for the future.

Who's responsible for this great new development, well the dickheads that treat employees like crap. Finally get what's comming. Higher wages on the way!! :punk:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! :up: :up:

Well, at least I won't have to sit on anybody anymore!! So what if I'm fat! ;)

c :P ongrats guys!