Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Going Flying!

Norm

Well I am taking the plunge and will be shipping out Oct. 29th for 5 months of fun in New Brunswick. I hope it all goes well. Load me up with all the good advice and tips you can. I have already heard "don't do it advice" I don't need anymore of that :blink: . Give me training not to do's and what to do's.

Thanks guys, Dan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airspeed is life

Altitude is life insurance

It's better to be down here wishing you were up there....then up there wishing you where down here !!!

And the only time you have got too much fuel is when your on fire !

And ALWAYS listen to your gut feeling, It is normally right !!!!

Good luck with it all

Cheers TT

Hey Norm,

It's your money so don't blow it on flight time you haven't prepared for. Know as much as you can about each flight and exercise before the flight. If you have any questions ask them before you get in and the clock starts. It's better to get something explained on the ground at $0.00 per hour then in the air at $400.00+ per hour.

Be as relaxed as possible on the controls and everything will be easier from day one. It's hard to find the delicate balance when you're using forces necessary for hydraulics off operations.

Have fun.

ttf

I have my commercial helo license, but don't plan to work in the field, because of such low pay. But good luck.

Me too. Not until I have built some hours buzzing around :D

My current job pays really well so I am finding hard to give up for bad pay. I'm just a contracting whore :up:

Best of luck from what hear you will need it.

Go hard or go home

Me too. Not until I have built some hours buzzing around :D

My current job pays really well so I am finding hard to give up for bad pay. I'm just a contracting whore :up:

Best of luck from what hear you will need it.

Go hard or go home

Yes, I feel the same way, and getting some hours at $440/hour, is very difficult, on top of that, I don't have a rating on the cbi300.

Yes, I feel the same way, and getting some hours at $440/hour, is very difficult, on top of that, I don't have a rating on the cbi300.

Got a load of hours in the states. 185USD R22 325USD R44. :D Not now though gas prices. :angry: I think they are now 210USD R22 and load more for the 44

Went there just to do 100hours in the R22 but ended up helping out at events and got 9 hours free in the R44 bought 3 more in R44 and took it out night flying awesome got 15-20 night hours but still need a check ride with a Canadian Instructor before TC will accept the night.

Strangely they accepted the R44 with a few letters from the school but not the night rating. They will take the hours but need a check ride. Whats up with TC ?

Now flying a desk until the next trip :up:

The girls at the Rockin' Rodeo are .. oh wait, you want HELICOPTER advice eh?

Fredricton is next door to CFB Gagetown, which has a massive restricted airspace above it, know where you are at all times and dont wander into it, Transport has zero tolerance. A guy in my college class cut into it by about a mile and almost had his licence pulled.

I think the best advice has already been said, know EXACTLY what your lesson is going to comprise of before you take off, 440 an hour works out to be $7.33 a minute. so wasting five min getting something told to you becomes a big deal.

Also, enjoy Alpine while you can.

tDawe