Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Chinese Helicopter

None taken. I speak French, but I'm about as French as you are English... ;)

Yes, Eurocopter's origins are mainly from Aerospatiale. The Astar was designed as the successor to the Alouette.

Actually, technically speaking. An AS350D or BA+ is an Astar (Lycoming turbine, essentially the same found in the M1 Abrams). An AS350B, BA, B2 or B3 is an "Écureuil", (French for squirrel), and is powered by the Turbomeca Arriel turbine. In all cases, the rotor turns the wrong way. It does carry it's name well; these f*ckers are squirrelly as **** IGE... :lol:

Who are Wozhou Turbines ???? Anyone ??? I think I would rather fly the French version :up: Do wonder if they made any improvements... Left hand drive and against the door for slinging and for turning with the torque, increased the vis for those confines. I have often wondered, do designers ever talk to pilots when they are designing a helicopter ??

Cheers TT