Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

All Your Training In A Turbine ?

T tail

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... If he has a Cayenne then hes probably not the kind of person that wants to go to yellowknife for months on end. I am betting it was actually a VIP. if now its someone with a really bad veiw on the industry. (What would you say when a lowtimer showed up at your door to ask for a job in one?)

I still think that if I have the cash its gonna happen. 80g's arent all that hard to save up. Alot of people have said that I have the attitude, so I think that its a go.... However I still havent heard back from the actual school itsself so far, only a few students (some of which are members) saying that they didnt regret it.

Nice car that Cayenne... all 44 time, hmm I dont see it that near, mabey 10 years befor people are doing that... they will probably come oue with the "ultimate" trainer.... with rubber rotors and a tiedown to the ground (like those things that kids hang on their lights that go around the room). All solo training will be eliminated... to much for insurance. Training in a turbine would be unheard of. :unsure:

Ok, so thats probably not the case, im sure people have thought about 100 on the 44, or a 50/50 44/206 split.

Cole B)

im sure people have thought about 100 on the 44, or a 50/50 44/206 split

It's always something you could ask about at schools that run both machines. Wouldn't be a bad idea at all to have decent time in both as odds are you're first PIC job will be in one or the other, and more and more companies are running R-44s every year.

Well, the HOPE is that if I train with GSHL they will HOPEFULLY hire me at the end of training. If they dont (I have faith that they will but just in case) I will see what else I can do to get on with another company, whether its a 44 endorsement or whatever.

I have been told by an instructor that the RH22 is is being phased out of the commercial sector... any truth to this, or is he doing what I thought he was doing and just pushing his own machine?

Cole :punk:

I have been told by an instructor that the RH22 is is being phased out of the commercial sector... any truth to this

Looks that way, seems everyone who is/was using them is upgrading to 44s. Makes sense too. Heard Airborne got rid of most of theirs but that's just hear-say though.