Litter Kits

QUOTE(Vermouth @ Nov 3 2005, 03:31 PM)

On the topic of medivacs....

It is now a requirement by some provincial ambulance organizations to have a STC approved litter kit in the A-Star.

No more strapping in the stretcher with the belts. Anyone out there in compliance?

I have seen Highland, Balckcomb and Sarvair machines with them.

I asked a former Bell helicopters CFI this question today as I am doing some training with him this week. His response was that at flat pitch, no problem with it running. He also said that if holding pitch up on a pad situation, there may be problems putting the door post back in. Of course if pitch is pulled, the pilot likely wouldn't be operating the door anyhow.

I asked a former Bell helicopters CFI this question today as I am doing some training with him this week. His response was that at flat pitch, no problem with it running. He also said that if holding pitch up on a pad situation, there may be problems putting the door post back in.

Good example of "question everything you hear" especially advice like that. If the door post won't line up with a little pitched pulled there is obviously something wrong with the picture.

Wonder if that has something to do with being a Former Bell employee?

The rule in a dedicated medevac show is to stop the blades before anything happens. Of course its a lot easier to comply when you have a rotor brake.

People tend to get excited and a bit stupid around the helicopter when there is someone hurt and you will have muggles howling at you to "Hurry up!!!!! Lets go go go go!!!" That sort of thing.

Thats when the little voice in your head should say "slow down buddy......or someone is going to get hurt."

Stop the blades.