Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helifor Accident

Its too bad that James didn't give credit where credit was due at the end of the video; to the crew that was putting on the show just doing what they do very good on a daily basis. I think that most of us now will think about those guys who gave up everything for a piece of wood, when we buy that 2x4 or a piece of quality furniture.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well......I'm sure there are a lot out there that know me.Nothing to hide for...I hope :unsure:

Hey James. Is that the place where u duked it out with that import pilot when he landed too close to you or something. Who won? By the way Ian never admitted to anything not even the mutiney that went on on the barge. However Suzette and Glen said different. They just didn't give me the juicy details. I hope however that ur the one that won! I think that you got the short end of the stick when you worked there.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone heard any information on what brought the ship down?

:( I am not to familiar with 107's, but the general thoughts are on the preliminary investigation that the cyclic trim for the rear rotor disc may have malfunctioned enough to cause contact between the front and rear rotor systems. The synchronizing driveshaft subsequently failed. Again, this is second hand information that was passed on ........ :(

Guest Angry Egg Driver

I heard from one of their drivers a similar thing to what Helilog had said.But instead of the two rotors making contact the rear rotor system hit the tunnel and the machine broke in half.Apparently there was an old style trim system and a new style.This machine had the old style and subsequently the rest of their machines have been changed over since the accident.