Contrail

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to point out that the person I mentioned above as having run off the end of a runway above is not Brian Van Humbeck of Contrail. He has pointed out that he has 10,000 accident-free hours, and I hereby offer an abject, grovelling apology for even mentioning it.

He has also mentioned that much of the information in their new standards was derived from the OGP Standards (International Association of Oil & Gas Producers). As that, I still think that you do not need 1500 hours to fly somebody half an hour North from a properly constituted airfield such as Rainbow Lake.

Anyhow, back to the single malt, which is even more expensive in Sweden!

Phil

I am happy to point out that the person I mentioned above as having run off the end of a runway above is not Brian Van Humbeck of Contrail. He has pointed out that he has 10,000 accident-free hours, and I hereby offer an abject, grovelling apology for even mentioning it.

I find it very interesting that Mr. Van Humbeck claims 10,000 accident-free hours, most of which is in an IFR fixed-wing that can only get down to 500ft above a lease site, and probably no lower by Shell rules that 1000ft, is the one having most of the input to the helicopter rules for the Oil Companies.

Of my own (and a few others I know) more than 20,000 accident-free hours have been going into these lease sites and a lot of other sites many times smaller.

I do not see him or anyone else actualy polling the Pilots that have been doing it right for a very long time for input.

Just remember that the difference between a fixedwing pilot and a helicopter pilot is, ( a fixed-wing pilot is someone who always wanted to get into aviation but was really too scared to try it)

RW

In my world of aviation, Mr. Humbeck's rules are NOW LAW. The list of companies that are involved turns my new safety standards book into many, many pages. Thr rules cover: Single Engine F/W & R/W operations; twin-engine F/W & R/W operations and both are covered for "Onshore" and "Off-shore"........and IFR in ALL cases is included except single engine F/W & R/W.

Ceiling limits are 350' under ALL conditions........AND not one ffot lower. It ain't aht high....then SIT. High-collared shirts are not mentioned, nor is type or mode of dress emntioned. The new limit for ALL types of flying is 40 hours/week.

In ALL categories, the MoT rules have been superceded and I can only assume that Mr. Humbeck considers them to be "Unsafe" in his opinion. He has also now done the impossible.........turned MoT into the "heroes" with their slack regulations concerning flying.