Contrail

Hey gang, I'm not doing much this winter and have a lot of experience dealing with cretins in positions of self preceived power.

So have them cotact me and I'll find out if they can find their ***** with a set of moose antlers.

Man I am so happy I don't have to put up with this crap anymore...I thought those idiots in forestry were bad.

Rev..

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute here, I've found a way to look at this in a positive light.

If all these requirements are in the works, no longer will the pilots of the Alberta gas patch have to look up to the mountain rescue guys here in North America, nor the ones in Europe, the offshore pilots of the North Sea and Newfoundland, or the logging guys in their Kamov's. They will able to got to bed each night knowing they are better trained than the lot of them.

What's next? Class D training on the R-44... Oh wait, they want to ban pistons, I forgot. :blink:

Wait a minute here, I've found a way to look at this in a positive light.

If all these requirements are in the works, no longer will the pilots of the Alberta gas patch have to look up to the mountain rescue guys here in North America, nor the ones in Europe, the offshore pilots of the North Sea and Newfoundland, or the logging guys in their Kamov's. They will able to got to bed each night knowing they are better trained than the lot of them.

What's next? Class D training on the R-44... Oh wait, they want to ban pistons, I forgot. :blink:

I think that there may be an opportunity here for Frank Robinson to develop a twin engine piston for the upcoming gas patch IFR market! :up:

I think that there may be an opportunity here for Frank Robinson to develop a twin engine piston for the upcoming gas patch IFR market! :up:

Peraonally I don't know what this guy's beef is with piston driven helicopters. This guy has a fixed wing background and to my minimal knowledge know of no one that hasn't first learned to fly in an aircraft that is powered by such.

I don't think that I've heard of anyone doing a solo on an SR-71 with 15 hrs under there belt.

'K..This same fellow did an audit on us a year or so ago. Told me that we didn't comply 'cause the passanger briefing cards (in a 44) did not have french on one side.

Hummmmmmm!

;)

You know something. If I were in his shoes I would do the same thing if you were flying out of vancouver, if you did not have it in Chinese and Hindu and all the first nations of this country. :down: Oh by the way do you know why they use graphics for the briefing cards? Its because there are some that are iliterate. Thats why and I would think that the pictures tell a thousand words in many different languages.

Edited by transientorque2

I can confirm definitely that the 1000' ceiling for VFR work has been put forward by Contrail to a client of mine. They have advised Contrail that if such is put in place by them, that they might as well give up using a/c of ANY type on their gas fields of NE BC and northern AB.

I do believe that it is about time for Mssrs. Jenner and company to invite said expert from Contrail to their offices or an HAC Convention. If anyone in the R/W world feels that they are being "put upon" by some ignoramous from the F/W world........ then guess again........he's doing the same thing over on the F/W side.

I can only hope that someday we can improve safety and eliminate many a/c accidents by simply having pilots wear a different style of shirt. I guess we could then call that "Safety by Fruit of the Loom" or "Safety by Arrow".

This all sounds 'highly' unrealistic.

Flying out of Rainbow in a JetRanger and tromping around in a dress shirt isn't realistic.

Are we to wear loafers too? 'Cuz those will be really fun in the 'gumbo' of northern Alberta.

you don't have to comply with any of this crap.

do you honestly think the guy sitting beside you in the 206 or astar cares if you have a shirt on or not.

and the weather was always 1000' when you started the trip.

This guy many moons ago ask me how we "grounded" our heli's when in the hanger. I told him we bonded them instead. He said not good enough, I would have to drill holes in my brand new concrete floor and place grounding rods accordingly. I told him there would be a better chance of me drilling another hole in his head first. He left - we still flew for Shell, Husky, Gulf, Dome and Nova.

Remember folks he just sends a report and his recommendations to his clients.

The reputation and good service you provide to those same clients is what keeps them flying with you no matter what he says.

If he tries to black ball any company - me thinks a good lawyer would have a field day with that one.

don't let this guy intimidate at all. without the helicopter operators he would be without a job...

Maybe all the pilots should get together and make some requirements themselves,

40 hour week- perfect 9am to 5pm no weekends

1000 ft ceiling lets be really safe and make it five because we all know if the motor quits 5,000 is safer then 1,000, and vis well that would have to be unlimited, and no wind too cos I might spill by coffee on my fresh white shirt or worse get burnt !!!

I find it all way to frustrating, helicopter pilots should be writing the rules for the industry :(

Not Happy TT