Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contrail

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scheduled maintenance should be done in a hanger. to me that's a no brainer. hard to pull off in many locales, but still one of the most important things.

:huh: Huh!.....your kidding, right? I guess that would be possible...... in a perfect world. Our engineers and support staff (along with many others), have field maintenance down to a science. Come and watch an overnight engine, m/r, and t/r gearbox change (all done at once) on a Skycrane. The organization, precision and hard work by these guy's is something to marvel at. They have a lot of expertese and pride in what they do, and it is done with the utmost of safety. Make the above quoted statement to them, and you would be laughed right out of the service landing....... :lol:

no doubt it can be done. your reply makes it seem like i was degrading guys like that. in no way was I.

my post was meant as a suggestion, no need to have your gang get their panties in a knot.

I have done many jobs like them in similiar conditions. Ideal situation? Not a chance, could it be made safer? of course you can by putting a roof over their heads with ample lighting etc.

Would you feel more comfortable if that great crew working under severly adverse conditions, was able to do that exact same job under ideal conditions?

Of course you would.

We can't even seem to get the crew rotated out (other thread) due to costs, and now you want to fly NR to a hangar for maintenance????? :shock:

Or maybe we develope a portable, easily (quickly) erected hangar, complete with all services .... B)

Sorry, kinda nodded off to dreamland there for a minute. :bye:

no doubt it can be done. your reply makes it seem like i was degrading guys like that. in no way was I.

my post was meant as a suggestion, no need to have your gang get their panties in a knot.

I have done many jobs like them in similiar conditions. Ideal situation? Not a chance, could it be made safer? of course you can by putting a roof over their heads with ample lighting etc.

Would you feel more comfortable if that great crew working under severly adverse conditions, was able to do that exact same job under ideal conditions?

Of course you would.

Actually "our Gang" was having such a laugh, that i guess it did twist the odd undergarment.... :shock: It was an engineer that pointed out your post initially, and no, I (we) actually feel extremely comfortable with the crew working under the adverse conditions out in the elements. To the experienced, trained professional, they consider that," ideal".... :)

aw you're just saying that you're comfortable with it. Search deep down inside next time they pull an all nighter in freezing rain. All it takes is one small mistake or overlooked item and you know the rest. Think about it on your way down.

But please guys, I was not saying everything should be done in a hanger, but if you have an opportunity to use a nice facility instead of the mud soaked staging area, which would you prefer?

Now stop attacking me, I don't work for contrail. I just have a preference for where I would prefer to do work. I think every engineer would agree with me, just ask them at the right time, like say, when they're *** deep in mud changing a fuel probe.

When it all comes down to it, if you feel than Contrail and other oil field auditors are being unfair or unrealistic DON'T fly for them or the people they respresent.

That's the bottom line! The reality is we have to comply with Transport Canada regulations and if an oil company requires additional requirements for sub contractors that's there choice. No one is forcing you to fly for them, but I will guarantee someone will buck up, meet the requirements and fill the void.

And for all of those that want to continue to flog this dead horse, the following statement if for you "You maybe be right!" :down: