Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I know what I am doing this weekend!

I remember a discussion on a previous site about those helicopter toys from Mattel. Remember the ones we used to all have that would fly around in circles and sting your fingers when you got to close?

Someone has now made it for your computer. Haven't tried it yet, just downloading it now. Works on Windows and the screenshots do bring back memories! There is even a Rescue Ship add-on!!! 3.gif

Anyways, go have fun..... Cheers!

On the same topic, I showed 407 a program I picked up at London Drugs for $30 called Coastal Heroes which is a heli rescue game with a BK117, a Sea King and a Dolphin to choose from. You choose one of many different rescue scenarios with can incl landing on ships, off-shore platforms, buildings, confined areas in the bush, canyon bottoms and highways with power lines, ect ect to pick up injured parties on the ground. If landing is not practical then you can deploy slings and/or baskets c/w rescue medics. The longlining is pretty realistic, especially when you switch to the vert ref camera view (just lacks the peripheral view needed to keep the ship steady).

It's worth a look.

100'

Speaking of sims, for the helicopter enthusiast who likes to fly Microsoft's FS2002 (soon to release FS2004), there is a great helicopter site for downloads, video's. The developer has worked with Schweizer and Erickson to date and has produced some great models (http://www.hovercontrol.net/videos/aircrane2_large.wmv - 10MB video). Be sure to check out his Video Gallery for a good sample.

You can see it at: www.hovercontrol.com

Kyle, I downloaded the little helicopter game, but it doesn''t seem to work...can''t seem to get beyond the set-up mode and get it to start.

They had one of those games in Gander airport, long before I ever flew helicopters, and I just loved it.

We actually have one here in the passenger waiting area, the big round bubble with the heli wizzing around trying to hit the little pads to get extra points and not crash into the two little trees.

Scares the crap outa the passengers waiting to go offshore though when on a bad weateher day 4 or 5 of us gomers are down yanking on the levers and fightin over quarters.....boys will be children

Very funny Mr. T5, but I have two helicopters to fly - I just choose when I want to fly them

I was going to mention your Chopper Patrol game, but I kept forgetting. Did you bring it to the office, or still have it home?

BTW - got your phone message. I"m home all weekend and wi8ll try to call if you don''t get me first...