Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Crashes Near Montreal, Killing Pilot

I had a peek at that forum and found it extremely disturbing to see these Gyro guys talk about all their friends that have been killed flying those contraptions.

They themselves make it sound like they're taking their life in their own hands every time they go up.

Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture?

darn right something isn't right.

I believe there is a mental disorder for that kind of thinking. It's like the going out with a bang syndrome. Some people don't want to die quietly, they want to make a spectacle of it. Thank god for darwing and his theory it all makes sense.

My opinion of Gyro's is that they are probably safe in the right hands, but there is such a fine line between success and failure. The wrong person building/maintaining/flying greatly increases the risk. Seems like there may be more of the latter judging by their comments.