Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Where Are They Now

Hi all!

I flew with Alan Cram last month here in Thailand, with CHC.

Last I heard Andre was supposed to fly the 212 in Haiti for CHC.

And if it is the Dennis Wilson I know, he is currently flying in Myanmar.

Good luck with your search,

Cheers,

HYL

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings...

You may recall "Disco" Dean Bass, whom I last recall was involved in the aviation department at some gas/pipeline company in southern Ontario.

Another missing link would be Ted (Charlie Farquarson) Acheson who I believe is back on the family farm in Dundalk Ontario, but I spoke with him back in '94 when he did some contract flying for Ontario Hydro.

Randy Blake, spent many years with the ambulance in Sudbury and perhaps may be there still... I couldn't say for sure.

That should complete the missing members of the group of '77-'78, but the 17th candidate who did not make the grade and left early was Tim Barlet (the political science graduate), who went on to increase his fixed-wing flight experience and graduated several years later from the helicopter program, although I belive that he never found employment in the rotary industry.

It is closing in on 30 years, and amazing to run into guys all over the world from classes prior to and after. We all have come a long way.

Regards, 212Dude

Hi again...anybody heard when the next Canadore reunion is going to happen...was at the last one....meet up with a lot of guys that I worked with over the last 33 years....I was in the class of 72/73 the combined pilot/eng course...I think there wasn't to many guys that continued on as pilot/eng out of that class...a few of the names in my class are/were....Colan Sullivan,Grant Malcomb,Dan Reny,Al Hahn,Rob Jameison,Richard Perron,...there were 50 guys that started...Bob Mycock,Endel Sutt,Rob Michel,Cal Fryer,....could name a lot more.... :up: B)

Hi again...anybody heard when the next Canadore reunion is going to happen...was at the last one....meet up with a lot of guys that I worked with over the last 33 years....I was in the class of 72/73 the combined pilot/eng course...I think there wasn't to many guys that continued on as pilot/eng out of that class...a few of the names in my class are/were....Colan Sullivan,Grant Malcomb,Dan Reny,Al Hahn,Rob Jameison,Richard Perron,...there were 50 guys that started...Bob Mycock,Endel Sutt,Rob Michel,Cal Fryer,....could name a lot more.... :up: B)

Good grief, haven't heard those names for years! I know about Dan Reny, but wonder where Al Hahn (Midwest) and Cal Fryer (Aero Trades) are?? How time flies...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I am not sure if Ted is still on the farm but I do know he is in deed selling drugs on a street corner in Dundalk! LOL Oh I should meation it is all legal and above board and a great little store to visit! Thanks to his Mom I joined the alumni in 85-86 ..... thanks Mrs. A

Greetings...

You may recall "Disco" Dean Bass, whom I last recall was involved in the aviation department at some gas/pipeline company in southern Ontario.

Another missing link would be Ted (Charlie Farquarson) Acheson who I believe is back on the family farm in Dundalk Ontario, but I spoke with him back in '94 when he did some contract flying for Ontario Hydro.

Randy Blake, spent many years with the ambulance in Sudbury and perhaps may be there still... I couldn't say for sure.

That should complete the missing members of the group of '77-'78, but the 17th candidate who did not make the grade and left early was Tim Barlet (the political science graduate), who went on to increase his fixed-wing flight experience and graduated several years later from the helicopter program, although I belive that he never found employment in the rotary industry.

It is closing in on 30 years, and amazing to run into guys all over the world from classes prior to and after. We all have come a long way.

Regards, 212Dude

So there you have it. I'd remembered Dean and Randy shortly after making the list, and could vividly see Ted's face, but not remember his name at all. As for the elusive 17th member I have been drawing a blank for on that for lot's more than a decade now (geez, and ta think I'm loosing my memory at only +- 30yo).

It's good to hear that all of the "fledglings" appear to be alive, well and still relatively active in the industry, and it sure seems that it would be an organizational nightmare to get everybody around a table for a few jugs of drafts. I'd bet that the stories that would be told, fabricated, modified, abridged and lamented would more than fill a volume or two of "daring do" and "hero stuff".

Well good on ya guys, here's to hoping that we all live to see the days when aviation gets dangerous (bla, bla, fish paste)....and sex gets safe again.

Fly safe, go well.

DC

Al Hahn is working for Custom Heli...afew more names from the 72/73 class...Dan Guest,John Alexander,Gary Valincourt,Paul McDermott,Dave Jacques,Chris Franklin,Gary Gorgachuck,Jerry Cousell,George Akins,Doug Smallman,Bill Marsden,Ron Hall,Glen Milton,Lorey Robertson,Dave Laamenen,Gerry Carrier,Lanny Fry, Teddy Wiegand,Barry Leduc,Bob Hooking,Guy Lemarche,Jim McAfrey,Pat Zdunich....better put myself in here...Doug Potts B) :shock: :up: