Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Why Do We Spend So Many Days Away?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crew change costs!!!!!!!! My latest ticket- Calgary to New Orleans return. $1026.40!!!!!!! Plus when you work in the US the owners get paid in US dollars and the crews get paid in canadian dollars! What was your point about crew change costs in the US JetBox? Open your eyes!

VX

Edited by VERTICAL X

• 2 weeks later...

Question???

Are these 2 and 2 rotations reseverved for higher time / long term pilots, or

are there companies out there that offer it to all employee's.

It sounds like there are a quite a few people with nice rotations.

Can I get some names of companies,, I'd appreciate it , and so would my better half..

Thnx,s 49 Merc

if you are a 100hour you would be lucky to get 6 and 1, 6 weeks out and 1 weekend at home :lol: thats if you get lucky enough to get that or there is the 3 and 1, 3 years begging, praying, for 1 hour flightime :shock: as a wanabee myself I can only hope for the 6and1 with the 6 weeks flying, not washing the floors and windows with 0 flight hours

Crew change costs!!!!!!!! My latest ticket- Calgary to New Orleans return. $1026.40!!!!!!! Plus when you work in the US the owners get paid in US dollars and the crews get paid in canadian dollars! What was your point about crew change costs in the US JetBox? Open your eyes!

VX

That's great if you can get to your destination on a major airline, but if the crews are flown to some bum f**k nowhere destination, those costs rise significantly.

Also, don't forget that to satisfiy the two and two requirement, more pilots need to be hired. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find good 1500+ pilots let alone pay for them????

Many operators are in a position to offer and pay for a 2 and 2 rotation. That's great! It's a nice change from the old "we'll see ya in September" days!! You obviously found an operator that can offer this and good for you! You're assuming that because your company works in the U.S. and offers 2 & 2 that all operators should be doing the same. Doesn't work that way!

All I'm saying is that not all operators are able find themselves in a situation to afford this luxury. Doesn't mean they're treating their employees badly, it's just a matter of doing the best they can with the resoursces they have, that's all.

What was that you were saying...... open your eyes???? Open your eyes indeed!!