Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Manx helicopter design

Anyone ever heard of the Manx helicopter? It is/was a small coaxial heli kit sold over a decade ago. The only place I ever saw it was in the classified section of Popular Mechanics as a kid. I''ve searched the net for info on it and it seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Do you know if any were ever built or who designed it? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. Turns out the Manx never got off the ground due to lack of investors. Oh well.

But since we''re on the topic of wierd aircraft check out the Aerobike!

www.geocities.com/alliedaerobiker

Motorcycles have a bad reputation as widow-makers as it is...so lets make em fly and see what happens!

Had an email from someone else looking for the Manx and didn't find it. He did however find it's current "twin" being built here in Canada! It's called the Avatar and looks identical to the Manx. They claim it will be commercially available soon too. Check it out at http://www.cybervision-network.com/goldhaw...lphin/

Makes me think of Mork from Ork and his egg ship! Nanoo Nanoo...