Flying Yfc

Norm

Well I have logged just about 7.9 hours so far on the 300 and I thought I would share my progress.

I think this is the order:

I was hovering with all controls my first flight (kinda sloppy but a hover). Second I worked on my hovers some more and pedal turns. My third hour and third flight I was doing engine failures from the hover, and circuits. My fourth flight was more of the previous and some nice night flying over the city for fun. On my sixth hour I started steep approaches, turns around a point, slope landing with takeoff, and turns around the tail. The next flight I was working on confined areas and that was fun!! I saw two moose in the little field I was landing in. My last flight to date I was doing tail rotor failures (very very tricky) I stink at it so far lol. The highlight of this flight was when I got to hover right to the hangar turning it and landing right infront of the door to put her away for the night it was really cool being that close to the other planes and the door.

Am I ever having fun!! It's been great so far

Thanks Dan

Edited by Norm

That sure seems to be a lot of different training scenarios for 7.9 hours. Optimum learning period would be 1.5 hours per lesson, any less and you are wasting time transiting any more and the student usually gets fatigued at the early stage.

Best of luck to you. Who is the instructor? H.L.?

RH