What Does Your Licence Read?

Man I wish I had those license ratings. You must have me mixed up with Big Duke Six. I heard once that he was going to do a longline job on the moon. Don't take my word for it, might be just another story.

VX

edit for spelling

Edited by VERTICAL X

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest graunch1
CF104........................... :)

you gave me a nice memory of back when they used to fly at the abbotsford airshow. i just LOVED those planes.................

Or as a sadly departed friend of mine who flew the zip since the 50s remarked..

It's a Woodymaker not a widowmaker :rolleyes:

there is something about rolling down a runway at 200+kts prior to rotating then poking your way almost straight up to Fl350 that makes you appreciate an aircraft that lasted 50 years in military service. BTW the last time I worked on one was 2 years ago at the airshow in Cold Lake :up:

Or as a sadly departed friend of mine who flew the zip since the 50s remarked..

It's a Woodymaker not a widowmaker :rolleyes:

there is something about rolling down a runway at 200+kts prior to rotating then poking your way almost straight up to Fl350 that makes you appreciate an aircraft that lasted 50 years in military service. BTW the last time I worked on one was 2 years ago at the airshow in Cold Lake :up:

Edited by graunch1

Guest bag swinnger

I noticed some of you guys have as350 on your licence....mine reads EC30 . although I have never never even seen one in the flesh. I understand that to mean, that TC is grouping them together. are all the licenses going to be changed from as350 to EC30 as they are renewed?

Windslapper; be patient, mine is BH47 and BH06 too. And so close to 6000 that I will tip over this winter.

Plus FW private and M1 (used to be FW- turbine to 12500 and RW-BH06, the new rating designators are different)

So many years and so little ratings......

The nice lady in Abottsford who added my EC30 rating explained that TC decided (at ECC's urging) to group all of the Squirrel machines under one rating as the differences between each variant are fairly minor. The EC-130 is basically a B3 with a Fenestron and different fairings. The airframe structure is the same. The drivetrain is the same, the FADEC is the same. Etc. Etc.