Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Training Update

Norm

Well I was getting along great until I hit a wall you could say. I was training on a brand new 300 with right seat PIC and fuel injection. Then the schools other 300 got "fixed" this older one (2001) is a left PIC and carburated. The solo students are now flying the new one and I am doing dual on the older one. I instantly started having problems with it, I can barely hover it (instructor had to take it a few times, I am fine in the other one), in the circuit I am all over the place!!, and constantly chasing my RPM. I had a few really big DOH's with it to (embarassing and stupid accidents). This all in only a 1 hour flight. I don't know what is wrong, the instructor chalks it up to just an off day or two with my flying. But heck I really don't like this machine. I am flying it again tomorrow and hopefully it will be better and is just a transition phase to get onto flying it.

So thats my update maybe the next one will be a better one I hope!! :wacko:

Thanks Dan

Edited by Norm

I had a similar experience at my school. We had an older r22, that i loved flying, then we got a new one. The hovering stuff was the same, but collective would keep going down on me, even the instructor was mad at the machine, it took them about 3 weeks to fix it. I was frustrated witht hte machine, but in time it became my favorite one. im guessing you just had an off day.......and sitting in the other seat when your beginning, must be a pain to ajust with at first.

PS:-I see you guys go over my appartment building all the time, along with those army griffons.

i think it's a mental thing...

think of it this way. some a/c have right pic 206/04/05 ect and some have left pic hughes 500's for example. having had to switch back and forth now will make it easier later for you later when you work for a multi machine company ;)

you still hold the cyclic with your right hand, collective with your left, you are just turning your head the other way.............

hey, if the machine is BCM...well she is a gem...i did my first "full on" as an instructor on that baby and she treated me right :up:

stick with it....you'll win :up:

you can jump out of say one 500 and straight into a different one sitting beside it and they feel completely different to fly, collectives that are heavy, light..ride up or down...amazing how two machines supposedly the same, can behave so different, they all take abit to get used too

Cheers TT

Well things are getting better. The helicopter has since been tracked and a better working carburator has been put on. I flew it twice now since. It fly's much better then it did. I am still a little slow on my RPM but I am no longer following it up and down all the time now. My circuits are getting better to which is good. The flying schedule was changed so I am now flying in the morning at 8:00 instead of the 3:00 slot. Which I like because there is no traffic and I can think clearer without the congestion. I am actually starting to like the left PIC because of the better vis. in left hand circuits and I can feel my low skid under myself making touching down to landings not to bad.

Thanks for the encouragment guys, Dan

PS, Violition If you see me coming you should hide cause my circuits are only better not perfect LOL

Edited by Norm