Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

204/205 Vertical Ref Door Stc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do our training and PPC from the left. I do know that flying from the left leaves a huge blind side on the right.
Doesn't being on the right leave a big blind spot on the left??? B)

Does for me...

...so there is an extra set of eyes - if you can trust them.

Careful of the eyes you trust, Bleedair found that out in Ontario, and probably won't do that again. :shock:

Vert Ref: What I was getting at was your coment"apply to TC for your approval - it is quite simple. the fms is only one page." It is not quite that easy it takes the STC holder request to change their STC not the operator. What I,m not sure of can a STC be done to another STC?

I found where this thought came from ,in the text is say's something about changing the STC:http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSTC.nsf/0/00698B2E22339BAF86256D8A00582245?OpenDocument

Guest Bullet Remington

Spartan:

You can find out what specific STC's and whether or not an FAA STC is applicable to a CDN registered machine, from TC's website.

There are also other methods to get permission./approval from TC such as submitting a Limited STC to Transport.

Not trying to be condescending here, just pointing out an observation. I'm not a big fan of Bell's, at least not from a bush engineer's stand point, Now as a Structural guy, I love them !!

your not changing or modifying any ones stc.

you are applying for a TC stc so you can sit in the left seat as pic in contrast to the normal operations section of the flight manual. bubble door or no bubble door - who cares!

i have succesfully applied for a couple TC stc's and it is actually quite simple.

if you would like help with it just let me know.

and yes helog56 - done all the time. every medium in canada that moves seismic drills or flys fires. is quite safe with the proper briefing.

Doesn't being on the right leave a big blind spot on the left??? B)

Does for me...

Careful of the eyes you trust, Bleedair found that out in Ontario, and probably won't do that again. :shock:

So you are saying that there is no blind spot on the right, when you are in the left seat?? Come on...what is the point here..

It does not matter what seat you are in there will always be a blind spot! That is why you fly in a manner that lets you see the hazards before you land.

It is amazing to me how people on here love to argue stupid points!

It is amazing to me how people on here love to argue stupid points!

Careful! You may resemble that remark.

It does not matter what seat you are in there will always be a blind spot! That is why you fly in a manner that lets you see the hazards before you land

Your second paragraph is absolutely spot on!

Doesn't being on the right leave a big blind spot on the left??? cool.gif

Does for me...

Careful of the eyes you trust, Bleedair found that out in Ontario, and probably won't do that again. shock.gif

So you are saying that there is no blind spot on the right, when you are in the left seat?? Come on...what is the point here..

The point I didn't make very well is that there is always a blind spot on the opposite side of where you are sitting...