Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

204/205 Vertical Ref Door Stc

We all know that each one of us has our own personal preference as how to do things and where we prefer to sit. I was forced to fly every mission this summer from the left seat. It is not my preference..but due to the stc and the instrument configuration that was the only option. Most of my time in Bell Mediums is in the bubble..so I am definitely comfortable there. All I stated above was that I prefer to fly non vr missions from the right...personal preference, I feel like I have a few more odds in my favour if Murphy rears his ugly head. I know that many guys prefer to sit in the left seat for everything and it would be stupid to say that they are not aware of the "other" side of the ship when they do so. I have my reasons for my preference as do those that prefer the left. There is not right or wrong.

My last comment about arguing stupid points...why is it wrong or do people like to critize someone else for doing something a certain way. There are many ways to skin a cat...and as anyone in the industry for any lenght of time would attest..not all pilots are the same...nor do we do things similarly all the time. But at the end of the day the drills/skiers/buckets get moved and everyone goes home safe. That is the only real point. So whatever it is you do that enables you to do the job as safely as possible is the right thing to do.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic