Logging Hour In A Heli Not Endorsed On...

Ryan

Going to be doing a ferry flight from Vancouver Island to Halifax in a few days as a co-pilot. Though I'm not endored on the machine can I still log all the stick time? Heard from some that only 10 hours can be logged while others say it doesn't matter.

If the time is considered training time would that make a difference?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas! :up:

I would consider it loggable, At least as co-pilot. I would keep track of all the actual flying time that I did as well as the "dual" time. If your manipulating the controls, that is Pilot flying time.

NICE SCORE! on the trip :up:

Is that ol 61 sold to Cougar or something?

Have a good trip Ryan

Not being endorsed on a machine actually makes it easier to log dual time. Once endorsed, you can only log dual if the PIC is an instructor. If you were endorsed on the '61, you could log as SIC.

As far as the time being "recognised", that depends on the operator.

That's good to hear!

Though it will be a S-61 we're taking, I'm told I can't say which one it is or for who.... let's just say it's been assimilated.

Could also be taking a different '61 back with us if it's ready in time (fingers crossed). I just might get more stick time next week than I got in two months of training haha.

The next CP who reads my resume will think I'm on crack... 91 hours R22, 10 hours BH06, 25 hours or more SK61. :lol:

Hey Ryan I can feel your excitment, good on you. Just log the time as PIC, it probably won't make much diff anyway.

Enjoy and get the most out of the experience, don't worry about the numbers.

Just to let you know, I would love to get into one of those ladies for a trip accross the country just for something new and different.

Have a great Christmas

:)

The next CP who reads my resume will think I'm on crack... 91 hours R22, 10 hours BH06, 25 hours or more SK61. :lol:

lol!!! if you can find a boat somewhere to do a couple of touch and goes, won't that give you a carrier qual to add to that resume?? :shock: :D

all kidding aside, sounds like a blast!! have fun and enjoy!! :up:

hmm, I dont know what the range is on an s61, but if you plan it so... and give me dates and times, I can arrange a trade at yyf, Doughnuts and coffee for a tour of said helicopter.

Im still unclear as to wheather or not I will be out your way this week. Im desprately trying to find work for the spring... my resume looks fake to many, Ive had almost all the employers I ever applied to call back, but many were questioning my qualificcations, Between the volunteer work, the student pilot, the full time summer work as a Watersport instructor, my forklift ticket, and work for the gov't people dont believe it.

that makes me angry because my friends that have never had obs in thier lives and **** near write "---- All" on thier resume and "My friend jimmy" as thier only referance, get to walk on to a job. :unsure: ok, mabey I will calm down now, merry christmas everyone.

Cole B)

Ryan -------two old rules to go by in aviation:

1) you sit in one of the two seats in the cockpit and/or fly it, then you log it somewhere in your logbook...........and I don't give a sh*t if it's a 747 or the Appollo spacecraft. If you fly Canadawide in a 61 and and NEVER touch the controls you'll know more about a 61 than some on this website with a **** site more time than you on R/W.

2) Don't EVER turn-down a check-out in anything....even if you don't want the darn check-out. Refuse check-outs too often and they don't "come calling" anymore after awhile.

Hey Ryan I can feel your excitment, good on you. Just log the time as PIC, it probably won't make much diff anyway...

Sorry, but the 61 being a two pilot machine, unless you are holding a PPC rated as Captain on the 61 you have to write it in as SIC, dual, or co-pilot. I had a great trip a few years ago from Venezuela to Vancouver with a "co-pilot" having a lot more total experience than me, but he too had to log it all as co-pilot time. He was not endorsed on the aircraft. Even if he had the 61 on his license, he wouldn't be able to claim the PIC time.

The aircraft, C-FXEC is being leased by Coulson to CHC International in Halifax while Coulson does a 9000 hour inspection on C-GSAB. Coulson just did an amazing job on one that arrived here in Thailand a few days ago. I am sure that SAB will be outstanding upon her return to the Sable gas field.

Have an awesome trip to the East.

RH